Episode 1: Storm

Season 1: W.O.T.E – O’megka K-I Saga

Episode 1: Storm

Angela Summers suddenly stopped walking, looking up at the light sky being taken over by dark clouds that hung low. Night fell quickly as she sensed rain approaching, the air smelling so fresh and clean as a raindrop touched her caramel skin. Angela didn’t notice the streets becoming quieter and the sudden time shift. She felt completely drawn to the rain as the light shower came poring down like a waterfall. She closed her eyes, letting the cold drops of water surround her with the feeling of freedom and escape. A sudden stomp in a puddle caused the water to rise up and splash back down, snapping Angela out of her little trance. She turned seeing no one yet; the echoing of footsteps kept getting closer and closer towards her.

Angela’s heart started to beat faster, noticing that she was the only one out as most of the townsfolk were safe in their homes. She turned back and continued walking, paying the footsteps no mind. The sound of the footsteps followed her with every twist and turn she made on the sidewalk. She turned around, but saw nothing and started to panic, running to her destination. With each step caused her to breathe heavier. No help was in sight; even the stray animals found shelter form the storm. She looked back, but that made her fall on the cold wet ground. She started to crawl backwards unable to pinpoint the echo. Without warning a sudden scream from a girl let out of a nearby alley. She slowly got up trying to pick to either go to the scream or continue running. It happened again, this time the girl sounded desperate.

            She went toward the alleyway, inching herself forward, trying to rest her heartbeat. She saw a girl her age being back up against a wall by a man in a trench coat and a dorfman hat that cast a shadow over his face. There was something about that guy that gave Angela a bad feeling not to interfere. Angela covered her ears as the girl let out a huge scream so powerful; Angela thought her ears were going to bleed. The scream was inhuman as it suddenly stopped without warning.

Angela let go of her ears, seeing the guy’s right hand raise itself up in front of the girl. His hand started to tighten slowly as the girl grabbed her chest, gasping for air. Angela eyes widen in disbelief as a spiked crystal with gray light shinning in the center projected from the girl’s body. The girl slowly turned her head, eyeing Angela and in desperation said,

“Run…” The guy shut his hand tight, crushing the crystal, causing it to shatter into tiny pieces instantly the girl collapsed on the muddy ground lifeless, but still eyeing Angela as her last word finally reached her. The guy lowered his hand and slowly turned his head, seeing within Angela for the first time. He paused for a minute, seeing something very special in Angela. So much so, he turned his body, stomping on a puddle that caused Angela to react and waved her hands while moving back.

The aura he was giving away could make a grown man pee his pants. He approached her with such grace, but the moving of the hands caused water to rise up in front of Angela and back down on top of the guy, splashing him all over. That was Angela’s special gift; she could move objects not with her mind, but with her hands. She had this ability since she could remember, but only recently it seemed to have gotten stronger. She freaked at what she just saw and so she jetted away from him. She ran as fast as she could without looking back.

The footsteps she heard earlier started to fade with each deep inhale she took. She was so close to her house, but a dark figure appeared out of nowhere in front of her. She couldn’t stop as she slammed into him, but he was so muscular than she was and she was so tired that she knocked herself down. The impact made her hit the wet ground and caused her to pass out. The dark figure grabbed her and took her way.