Chapters one and two

INDIGNANCE

Chapter one :The heist at Maldiere manor

Elizabeth 

Dreadful, dreadful is all that can be said about my visit to the Maldieres uncouth party. 

Father had me attend the gathering as a show of good faith, as I'm at my twenty first year of age it is customary to show me off at social events in hopes of a bidder.

He and the Maldieres have come into business together and to celebrate have invited the richest family's in the area.

Jacob Maldiere is fairly nouveau in terms of money and such is apparent in his garish taste and unbearable manners, but father doesn't care for such things, his mind is never far from business .

"Elizabeth?" I hear him call for me in a voice strained with decorum, I hurry over to him in a dress far to elaborate for hurrying.

"ah Elizabeth I would like you to meet Jacob Maldiere, he's the man thats funding our family's business endeavours", "how do you do" I say nonchalantly "I'm  doing well now Ive had a few drinks in me and now that your here darling" he bellowed, with a bouquet of sherry seething from his arrogant grin followed by a wheezing laugh that seemed endless. "Elizabeth is becoming terribly complacent, she needs to hurry and get married before no man will have her" said father. This is true, I am complacent. I'm bored to death of the charade of being a wallflower, tucked away in father back pocket to be shown of at party's, I mean don't have me mistaken, my life before I became one again trapped within his walls were all a girl could want adventure, robbery and the occasional murder (with accompanying reasons)  I am still a sensible lady who knows right from wrong but I become easily...complacent. 

"father dear I feel terribly rude only speaking to you and Mr Maldiere I should mingle with the other guests, try and meet someone, I'd hate to die alone" I said In a light airy voice peppered with sarcasm.

"oh of course dear" said Jacob "do go, it would be quite selfish of me to keep such a beautiful lady from the festivities". Quite.

Sebastian 

It’s a cold night.

I've taken out the guards at the garden entrance, only two men, no casualties as of yet.

The guards are always so lax at parties like these they assume everyone is there to bask in the company of there own snobbery  so the security isn't a priority, regardless I have job to do.

I casually walk to the building from the side garden pretending to be in a drunken stupor and simply lost, it’s almost to easy for to get in. I enter into an empty parlour and check the map she gave me.

From what I can decipher the safe of the manor is located directly under the east wing.

I continue to walk through to a corridor where faint moaning can be heard from a room above "I guess even the rich get lonely" I sigh to myself cheerfully as I continue on I see the stairs leading to the safe room under the main hall and on such stairs I smell cigarette smoke and see my informant.

"I do declare lady Elizabeth how do you do" "I do as I have always done Bassie dear" she replies coldly exhaling smoke into my face.

"that dress seems rather impractical for our line or work" "hmm indeed, could you unzip me Sebastian"? She says sounding amused, "certainly lizzie dear" she hates it when I call her lizzie. I take out one of my knifes and cut off the lacings of her corset, her dress falls slightly revealing a tight black undergarment and an array of pistols leaving her in something more manageable.