Ch. 4-Angelina

Sorry that there was no update last week, got busy. The next chapter should be up soon. Anyways...

I didn't really mind P.E. too much. I was actually pretty strong and didn't mind getting sweaty. Although, there were some sports I didn't enjoy playing, such as soccer - the sport we happen to be playing. I didn't like soccer. The thought of a bunch of girls or boys kicking a ball and possibly missing and kicking me instead, well, it just didn't appeal to me. It also required too much running - something I wasn't too good at because of my asthma. I didn't see why Josie loved soccer so much. I mean, I respect that she likes it, but baseball is more my thing. Hearing the satisfactional clang of the ball on metal brought an overwhelming sense of joy to me. Maybe the sound of the ball hurdling into the goal and crashing against the net brought the same feelings to Josie.

Along with having asthma, I have a skin allergy called eczema. It gives me dry, flaky skin that would result in a rash when it would flare up. It was really uncomfortable and would burn sometimes. Because of my tainted skin, I felt insecure about how I looked, just like all the average teen girls. Aside from that, I also had a round face with squishy, pudgy cheeks that would flush rosey red when I was embarrassed. I had very slightly almond-shaped eyes that revealed I was at least part Asian, or Pacific Islander, whatever you want to call a Filipina girl (I was also Mexican but looked mostly Asian). My irises were potato brown and my eyes were framed with almost nerd-like, black glasses. I was small; shorter than most of the girls in my class. I was not chubby, I was just kind of squishy. I didn't think I was very pretty, maybe kindaish-not-really-cute but it wasn't that important. My luscious, dark, burnt-potato color hair (what's with me and potatoes?) went to my mid-back. It was so thick and long I got a lot of compliments on it and my fellow girlfriends (and some of my guy friends) would run their fingers through it unknowingly, which I never understood why they would find pleasure in that.

My thoughts were interrupted by three short, shrill whistles. The period was almost over. I quickly took off my horrible-smelling, peach-colored penny. Another sigh of relief escaped my mouth. I jogged up to Danika, one of my closest and absolutely amazingly stupendous friends and Jada, my awesome and super optimistic best friend.

Before I move on, I gotta say something about how great Danika and Jada are. Danika has been my closest friend since 5th grade. She struggles with social anxiety and is extremely shy. When she is around a group of people she isn't comfortable with, she immediately quiets herself, and keeps herself looking small and looks at the ground. When she has to speak around those she isn't familiar with, her voice would be so quiet it was barely audible. However, when she was around her friends, she was louder and told hilarious jokes; like crying-of-laughter-type of jokes. She was so mind-bogglingly hilarious, I often wondered how she could even come up with such amazing jokes. She loved me and I loved her; we cared immensely for each other. She was nice and made sure I was happy as I did to her. She also loved her computer; her laptop was her life. She'd spend hours upon hours staring at her screen, playing online games such as League of Legends and scrolling past social media like Tumblr. Danika was a couple inches taller than me with long, straight, midnight black hair. She was absolutely adorkable with cute, squishy cheeks and really chinky Asian eyes.  She was skinny, very weak, and delicate; a light punch from me could easily bruise her. However, she was great company and being around her would immediately brighten my mood.

Jada was the opposite of Danika. She was somewhat a social butterfly and was friends with pretty much everyone. She was very approachable, and easy to talk to about anything. Although she has her own opinions, she would respect yours as well.  Jada was your perfect girl. She was smart, kind, sweet, and caring. She was utterly amazing without even realizing it. One of her small flaws was that she was scared. She lived in a prison of fear and no matter how much I tried to reassure her, she would always shrink away. Whether it be being the tad bit rebellious or of a seagull flying overhead, she cowars away and seeks out the nearest shelter. Also, she overthinks. Sometimes it's about a school assignment or a boy, her intricate mind is always calculating and transmitting. Her brain is always buzzing, most of the time, too much. She stresses out in simple situations and she complicates easily solved problems. But that's just how she works. She has curly, dark brown hair that falls slightly above her shoulders when worn down. She usually has her hair in a ponytail, though, to be swept out of her face in an efficient semi-nerdy fashion. Her dark cocoa skin complimented her medium-sized lips. Her brown eyes were the color of chocolate syrup and her cheeks were slotched with red splashes. Time as a smaller kid spent swimming in the horrid summer sun left sun spots tainting her cheeks that would never go away and could only be hidden by make-up, which she never wore. Jada was taller than me, maybe by an inch or two. So when she talked to me, she would have to look down. She was an excellent writer; she could describe anything with such amazingly vivid detail that you could visualize it perfectly. She was my fangirl bud, whom I could talk to you about anything. She loved me, I loved her back. I would trust both Danika and Jada with my life.

I approached two of the greatest girls in the world that were talking about how athletic Shamar, our amazingly and positively African American, was. I giggled as they continued their banter of how he was so atheltic (and stereotypically black), he could probably fly. By the time the topic changed, we had made it to the locker rooms. I quickly peeled off my sweaty clothes and shoved them into my locker. I redressed into my normal clothes and hurried outside. As I stepped outside, I looked to the sky, littered with puffy white clouds, wishing I could feel them with my own hands, and knowing they would just feel like cold water.  The bell rang, and I waved bye to both Danika and Jada. I headed over to my fourth period class: band. I grabbed my flute out of my locker along with my miscellaneous sheets of music. I walked over to the front where the flutes sat, being careful not to knock over any stands or stray instruments. I set my heavy backpack down on the floor and sat into my chair. I don't really want to play today, I thought in my head. But boy, would I have changed that if I only knew what was to come. It's funny how The Change occurred during my favorite class; it shows how messed up the world can transform in only a few moments. I mean, who knew I would see some of my classmates die within a couple minutes?

Sorry guys, decided to make the action split into two chapters. Muahahaha! Don't worry, the death is about to come. please comment in how you're liking it! Hope you have/had a nice day!--D&N