Prolodge

It was interesting in a way. They thought that after that night they would never meet again, but of course they were bound to meet. Why wouldn't they meet after all? They were in the same school, in two classes with one another, and let alone they lived in the same city.

One planet
195 countries
50 states
35,000 cities
1 small downtown
"And I had to meet you."
...

It was as normal as any other night, a friend or two inviting him to go hang out at another party, a helpful ride in the back of a truck with some people he knew from school, and a round of shots along the way had made him shown up here. Hosuh Lee, a high school student in his 10th year with about 188 students in his grade, and at least 300 people due to show up at the party. It was only November, barely half way into the year and his report card was already facing the wrong way, with too many skipped classes and worksheets and to-do's on his desk at home (which he continued to ignore), this is the last thing he should've been up to.

It was common for Hosuh to hit up a party at least once or twice a week, to let loose and blow of some stress with other people his age, especially seeing as Dan had invited him. Jumping out of the truck, he made his way around the side of the abnormally large house and nudged open the back gate with his foot.

The backyard was living, but not truly alive. He would have to change that, but for now he would have to assess the scene laid out in front of him. Two guys and a girl helping up their drunk friend in the corner of the backyard, Dan on top of a chipping picnic table, making lots of hand motions which kept directing themselves towards him, and the pool, and finally, people making out or watching tv inside of the house.

The best thing to do would probably to go eat something, or check out what Dan was doing, but from better judgement the only thing he could think of was alcohol. The party sure to have lots of it.

-

Standing there, he felt right at home. Holding a red solo cup and scrolling through friends social media, one of his friends posting continuous photos of 'with the bae' and other typical things that flooded his phone screen. Rolling his eyes, he stuck his phone in his pocket, taking one last sip of his beverage and putting the empty solo cup down on the marble counter. Though among the crowd, he could see somebody snaking towards him..

"Hey honey pie~" Hosuh purred, smirking at the lightly dark skinned female who was wearing some typical party clothes, her long curly dark hair waved down her back in a low ponytail that was much like his, though he only glanced into her eyes before reaching into his pocket and his attention span from her was gone. Those eyes were anything but inviting. "Don't call me that you jerk!" She screamed, though nobody paid attention to the rising action from the kitchen. "You got it tootsie pop." Hosuh repealed, taking out a silver box lighter as he started searching around in his pocket for something, mentally cursing himself when he realized that he hadn't brought them.

She was tearing up by this point as she continued to ridicule Hosuh for what he had done, though it felt as though he was under water, muffled sound leaving her as he was already half-way out of it, only noticing how her demeanor changed as her face got redder and her face seemed to tighten, her mouth moving in such a way that I made her look as though she was losing breath as she screamed at him, though Hosuh still wasn't paying much attention, He had nothing to say to her after what he did.

---

"So you left her in the middle of the dance and grabbed Natalie by the waist and started making out with her, right in front of Marty?" Dan asked as he wiped the chip crumbs and grease off his hand onto his jeans before grabbing ahold of the controller once more.

"Yeah."

"Dude.. that's harsh. You know you probably ruined prom for her forever, right?" He asked me, standing up and opening the window to his bed room as soon as he noticed that I was taking my cigarettes out. Dan was always very particular about certain things in his room that had to be kept 'neat' or having 'a certain smell'..

I didn't say anything in response, just lit my lighter and pulled over the ashtray that Dan had bought specifically for me, for whenever I came to visit. It wasn't my idea of fun. It was just a dare from our lunch table that I had taken up in exchange for an easy earned twenty, that I didn't even need. Probably had collage in mind or something when I accepted the deal.

----

Hosuh gave a half assed smile at Marty as he gave her a soft pat on the head, coming back into reality as he spoke; "Sounds great. Tell me all about it later." Though he had no idea what she was even speaking about in the first place. Probably about how he was a bad person, or something.

He pushed the problems away. Better to bottle it down now and just not think about it, & deal with it later.

Besides, the night was full of possibilities, and for him that meant deciding what bad decision he would make first; which lead him to Dan. Dan Lim, a social butterfly who knew everything about everyone in their grade, and most about everyone in their school. He was the guy that could get you favors, invitations, things.. Practically everything. You name it, he had it. If the price was right of course. He was confident, outgoing, popular, and of course as a cliche, somebody all the girls wanted to date and the person that most guys would kill to be. He was the reason that this party was even happening.

It wasn't until he noticed Hosuh, that he confidently yanked him up onto the table alongside him, cheers rising from the mostly drunk and excited crowd as Dan pointed to the roof excitedly, and talked about quote 'Jumping off of it, into the pool!'. It honestly wasn't a bad idea, seeing how close the pool was from the building, and it was safe enough. Even if it wasn't safe, neither of them had enough care about their well being to think otherwise about it.

Among the many times that Hosuh had attended parties, he had done a numerous amount of stupid things, and now, it was time to add to that list.