25

At ten o'clock, Adrian coaxed Eli up the stairs and into the spare bedroom.

"You and Rex can have this bedroom, alright?"

Adrian drew the curtains across before taking a spare pair of pyjama bottoms from the dark wooden dresser and handing them to Eli.

"Sorry," Eli said quietly. "For being a nuisance."

"You're not," Adrian said firmly. "I don't mind. Rachel said Dom called earlier. He and Rex should be home soon."

Eli nodded, his eyes going blank again.

Adrian turned his back while Eli pulled on the pyjama bottoms.

"Will you... stay with me?"

"I'll stay until Rex comes." Adrian smiled.

He heard a soft whine outside the door and opened it to admit Mia. The huge dog padded across and leapt up onto the bed, eyeing Eli with soft brown eyes.

Eli collapsed onto the bed beside the dog and rested his hand on her head with a sigh.

After a moment, Adrian crossed the room and lay down on Mia's other side, groaning when the dog settled her massive head on his stomach.

"Can I ask you something?" Eli whispered.

"Yeah."

"How did you get over what Jamie King did to you?"

Adrian was quiet for a little while.

"Rex told me," Eli murmured. "I hope you don't mind."

Adrian shook his head.

"I don't... I guess Dom was the main reason. Obviously, I had to get better to take care of Rachel, but I was able to move past what Jamie did because... it didn't change me in Dom's eyes. He still saw me as me."

"Rex has never seen me as me," Eli muttered. "He's only seen... this."

He waved a hand to generalise his current state, his voice bitter.

"How did you sleep with Jamie? How were you able to... let him?"

"I just... thought of Dom. I knew I had to survive to get back to him, and if Jamie thought I wasn't falling in love with him again, he would've killed me."

"What do you think about? After you and Dom have..." Eli blushed a little. "Dom said you get this look in your eyes."

"I'm thinking of him." Adrian admitted. "It doesn't happen very often, but... I just wonder why he's with me. I'm damaged goods. But he doesn't seem to mind."

"He loves you," Eli said.

"He does." Adrian smiled and patted Mia's head. "I think Rex loves you too, you know."

"That's what I'm scared about." Eli admitted.

"How come?"

"I... I was a virgin." Eli scowled bitterly. "I guess I'm scared of... Rex."

"Why? Because he fits into the 'what-they-say-about-black-men' category?"

"What do you mean?"

"Have you seen the man in a pair of jeans?" Adrian asked. "I swear, he should be banned from wearing them. It's practically indecent."

Eli laughed, to Adrian's pleasure. He was becoming more animated.

"We talked a few days ago about his... size. Well, it came up in a conversation we had."

Eli rubbed a hand over his eyes.

"I guess I'm scared because he's so... big. Physically, I mean, not just in the trouser department. I'm just worried that... I won't be able to stop him."

"Rex would never force you," Adrian said firmly.

"I know that. I do... but I can't help feeling like... We'll be in the middle of, you know, and he'll... He won't stop."

"My first time with Dom after Jamie was... difficult. I was with Jamie for three months, and in that time I sort of... trained myself to not respond. To just... let him do what he wanted until he was finished. Dom was patient. We spent a while just being together until I was comfortable around him. We took it slowly."

"Is it normal now?"

"Yeah." Adrian smiled again.

"Do you think it'll ever be normal for me?" Eli murmured.

"I don't know... I hope so. Because sex is great."

"Is that why you and Dom do it so much?" Eli asked, smiling mischievously.

Adrian reached across Mia and slapped his shoulder.

"Can I asked... Why are you still a virgin?"

"I'm not anymore, remember?" Eli said, his voice turning bitter again.

"Yeah, you are. You're not had sex with anyone, so you're a virgin," Adrian said. "Simple."

Eli looked at him for a moment, before realising Adrian was laying the seeds of a fantasy that might allow him to have a normal sex life... with Rex.

"It's not like I've not done anything before," he said quietly. "I've had boyfriends, and we've done... stuff. But I never found anyone who I really wanted to go that far with."

He grinned playfully at Adrian.

"So is Dom really as good as he brags he is? Or do you just sleep with him to shut him up?"

Adrian laughed.

"He's good. He's very, very good. He can do things with his fingers that should be illegal."

Eli smirked.

Adrian groaned suddenly.

"Shuddup and go to sleep, Eli. Your questions are making me horny."

"Have you got some earmuffs I can borrow for tonight?" Eli asked innocently.

Adrian narrowed his eyes at Eli, grinning wickedly.

"I'll give you earmuffs." He growled wickedly.

He pushed Mia aside and straddled Eli's stomach before he could escape. He lightly ghosted his hands over Eli's torso and felt the smaller man squirm beneath him.

"Ah, so you are ticklish!" Adrian laughed evilly and set about tickling Eli fiercely.

Eli squealed and tried to buck Adrian off.

"No, please!" He squirmed and wriggled violently.

He pushed against Adrian's hands with his own, and found his arms weakened by his helpless laughter.

"What would... Dom say?" He wheezed, barely able to talk. "Coming home and... finding you... on top of another man?"

"It'd probably turn him on." Adrian smiled and tickled under Eli's arms.

They heard a car pull up the driveway and stop.

"They're home. Apologise, or they'll find us like this."

"Never." Eli choked, still trying to wriggle free.

He yelled as he heard the front door open, calling for Rex.