°0.6°

0.6 |favors come with a price|

VALERIA'S BLOOD WAS BOILING. When she agreed to come and help Geralt with the Selkiemore, she hadn't expected to end up covered in Selkiemore guts. At first she had to sneak into Temeria when a mage, named Triss told her about the injured witcher and now she had to come along with his hunt, ending up soaked with the sticky substance.
Geralt slammed the door open of the tavern. Both of them reeking of guts while walking inside. With a groan Valeria left upstairs, in serious need of a bath. 
All she craved was a nice bath to clean off the stench and guts. She couldn't care about the calls of her name from a certain bard. She needed some desperate alone time.

A satisfied sigh escaped her mouth as her naked body sank into the water.
Many scrubs were needed for the stench to go away. Valeria was quite certain some guts were still stuck in her hair. The quiet room gave a sense of peace. Just Valeria alone with her thoughts. Not too long ago a raven had arrived, carrying a message from Torwig. All was well in Naath. As small group of former masters tried to rally. They were struck down rather quickly with the help of Rhenvys. She missed the dragon immensely. The last time she saw the black scaled animal was before meeting up with Geralt and getting to know a rather annoying bard. She knew it was best for the dragon to let him roam free and explore the world but Valeria couldn't deny missing those days when he was just a baby and needing her every moment of the day. She was someone to somebody, or something in this case.
Her eyes were closed while laying in the tub of water. Finally some peace and quiet after an eventful day.

The door to her room burst open and an all to familiar bard came strutting through it.
"Valeria, I need a favor."
His back was turned to her since he closed the door. Valeria let out a scream when he turned around.
Her hands flew up to cover her breasts. The water splashed when her knees also covered her body.
"Oh, oh dear lord."
The bard stared with large eyes at the woman in the water, desperately trying to cover her nakedness.
"Close your eyes!"
Jaskier's hand flew up to his eyes.
"What were you thinking? Bursting into a woman's room!"
Jaskier tried to apologize with his hand still covering his view.
"I am terribly sorry, but I came to ask a favor. You see there-"
Valeria cut him off rather harshly. Her breath was shaking. She was still in shock.
"Can't you at least wait until I'm actually covered?"

"Well I don't actually mind this situation but if you must."
She glared at the bard. If looks could kill.
"Turn around, Jaskier. No looking back or you'll regret the day you were born."

The bard obliged and turned around. His hand went away from his eyes and he finally dared to open his eyes. His back was now turned to the naked woman. Jaskier could hear water splash and her feet hitting the ground.
All the shuffling behind him made him curious. Slowly and carefully he turned his head just a bit to the side. He tried his hardest to see what was happening behind him from the corners of his eyes.
A comb hit his head.
"Oi! What was that for?"

Valeria had put on her cream colored bathrobe and pinned it together.
"I warned you not to look."
Her white hair was dripping all over the wooden floor.
Jaskier turned around. He couldn't help it but his eyes slowly went downwards.
Two fingers pulled on his chin and he was forced to look up.
"Normally you look someone in the face when you talk to them. So tell me about this favor."
He gulped under her glare. Her hands found it's way onto her hips.
"Yes of course, that's why I came. The lioness of Cintra has prepared a banquet for her daughter, and me being the great singer that I am will perform."
Valeria raised an eyebrow. She gave the man a look, trying to tell him to go on.
"Geralt has already agreed to come because I need protection."
With an amused smile she asked, "And why would an ordinary bard need protection?"
To her surprise the bard kept quiet. Both of her brows raised in surprise. Crossing her arms, with a fading smile, she answered the question herself.
"Let me guess, you pleasure a lot of noble women with more than your songs, and now you've pissed of their husbands"
The bard nodded his hands and muttered, "Well sometimes they were the sisters or mothers."

Valeria let out a scoff. This man was unbelievable. She turned her back to him and stepped towards the lit fireplace.
"Then what do you need from me?"
She looked over her shoulder with a raised eyebrow.
"Well, Geralt can't always be by my side. It would be acceptable for my dashing wife to stay close and keep an eye on me."
The Blackfyre started to laugh. Her hand rested on her stomach while the joyous sounds came out.
"And you want me to act as your wife?"
Another laugh escaped her mouth.
"That is exactly my plan."
Her laughing stopped. "Oh, you were serious?"

Valeria stared into the fire again. Her hand inching closer to the fire.
"I will if I get something in return."

"Favors are supposed to come from the heart. A true act of friendship."
Jaskier waved his hand around dramatically. Valeria turned to walk towards him.
"Normally. But I'm keeping you safe because you landed in bed with too many wrong women, then a favor comes with a price, my dear friend."
Unlike Geralt the white-haired woman didn't deny their friendship.
A small smile graced his face. Finally someone who accepted his friendship.
"Alright, alright. What do you desire, my lady?"

He bowed in front of her. The dramatic act caused Valeria to roll her eyes although she couldn't stop the smile spreading on her face.
"As you will be performing, you'll get paid. I want a part of your earnings."
Jaskier stood back up, now towering over the small woman again.
"How much?" he asked with a sigh.
She shrugged with a small smile.
"Depends. If the night is awful alot but who knows if I enjoy myself it will only be a very small part."
She tried to look as innocent as possible.
She held out her hand.
"What do you say, my friend?"
Jaskier took her hand in his and shook it.
"I say we have ourselves a deal."

Valeria let go first and turned around again. A voice stopped her from walking.
"Your hair's still dirty. Just so you know."
She groaned and let her shoulders fall.
"Why can't these shite guts get out," she growled.
Jaskier walked to her in a faster pace than normal.
"Let me help you. Get back in there and let me help you get clean."
The bard pointed at the bathtub. She pursed her lips. She could use some help.
"Alright, fine."
She stepped towards the bath and climbed in. She sat back down again.
"You still have your robe on."
Jaskier walked towards the tub with a stool in his hands. He sat down behind her on the wooden stool.
Valeria looked up at him, an eyebrow raised again. Her robe was soaked.
"Did you actually think I would take it off?"
The bard shrugged. His hands disappeared under the water. They came back out again and laced themselves in Valeria's white hair.
"Well now your robe's all wet. Besides I already saw a glimpse so I wouldn't complain."
She gasped and turned around to glare at him.
"How dare you?"
This man had nerve. Jaskier layed his hands on her shoulders and spun her around. He poured a bucket of water over her head.

"Oh, don't worry. The sight was lovely."