Chatterbox (8)

Back for more I see ;)

She just stared at them for a second, and she was in deep shock, knowing she actually found him! She found Finn. Finn stared at her for a while too, and smiled and so did she. Tears started to form in Millie's eyes, and she cried, she cried tears of happiness and then she unexpectedly hugged Finn deeply, and Finn, who was taken taken aback by her actions, hugged Millie back.
"You can't be here!" He said, and that's when Millie backed up, a bit mad. She looked at the ground a bit upset, but not to the point she was going to cry. "I-I've been worried so much! You don't even know!" She began angrily, "Everyone has! You have been reported missing and many people have been looking for you, even your friend, Caleb, was looking for you!" She pointed at Finn, she was getting even more frustrated. "People are looking you Finn! And you don't even care!" Finn really didn't want Millie to shout at him like that, he just wanted her so badly and here she was, shouting at him. "I have been crying so much! Thinking you were dead! And now your backing me away?" She questioned now waiting for an answer, "Millie I really don't want to fight right now! I finally get to talk to you and your throwing the chance away! And I never said I wanted to push you away." He said finally speaking. "Look, can we just go inside and talk?" He asked and went inside, Millie following.
She sat away from Finn still mad and frustrated.
"I ran away for a reason. My father was making my life hell and I really couldn't stay there anymore. He has been abusing me for so long and I honestly feel like he hates me. One day he snapped and beat me up badly, until I was black and blue, he's done it before. Then I managed to escape with my phone and I didn't come back after." He said looking sadly at Millie.
"But, why didn't you tell anyone what was happening? Why didn't you come back, or text or call? You could have come back Finn! Nothing was holding you back!" She threw questions at him with her voice breaking.
"Things were holding me back! B-but why do you even care so much about me?!" He shouted, now beginning to get angry of Millie,
"Because I..." she stopped, looking down.
"Because of what?!" He shot back at her, still waiting for her answer.
"You're a friend! You're my saviour and I feel like I needed to return the favour." She said partly lying about what she first said. 'Friend' he thought, and scoffed. They then stayed silent for a bit until it was broken by Millie.
"Are you okay though?" She looked at him dearly and Finn nodded going in for a hug and Millie couldn't refuse. "Are you going to come back?" She questioned looking at Finn with puppy eyes.
"I..I don't know..." And they just hugged each other, for what felt like forever.

For the next couple weeks, she was seeing Finn in the school bus, she often brought food with her and they had picnics together, or she brought something for him he might of needed. This went on for a few weeks until her friends started to catch on. She was much more smiley, talked more, she had less time with them than before and had a love sick look on her face most of the time. Then when she was round Sadie's house, Sadie decided to break it to her.
"Are you okay Millie?" She looked Millie dead in the eye.
"I'm not sure what you mean Sades?" Millie said confused.
"Well, you seem a lot happier, it's not a bad thing but why are you happier now?" She questioned again, and this time it took longer for Millie to answer than last time.
"I just am I guess! Didn't realise." She lied, but Sadie could tell when she was lying.
"Okay. And why don't you come and hang out with us much as often?" And again Millie took a very long time to answer.
"I'm just studying Sadie, stop worrying." She said while looking down avoiding eye contact, Sadie spotted this and again knew she was lying.
"Alright," then they went back to their conversation they were having before, as Sadie did not want to bother Millie more.

The next day, Sadie had the chance to talk to grace, alone so, she told the her about the conversation she had with Millie saying that she was lying, so Grace decided they had to keep an eye on her to see where she was going.
On various occasions when, Grace and Sadie were hanging out like shopping or eating out, they saw Millie walking by or her buying something.

Once, when Grace was out shopping for groceries, she saw Millie checking out her stuff, with a cashier, Grace didn't approach her but watched carefully at what she was buying. It wasn't stuff she would usually buy for herself, so Grace assumed she was buying them for someone else. And when Millie left the store, Grace followed her, stealthily to see where she was going. They walked for about twenty minutes, she was actually lucky Millie hadn't taken the bus, seeing how long the walk was. They reached a field, where Grace saw Millie enter a school bus. She watched closely and stayed there for about, half an hour until, she saw Millie exit out with another person. She couldn't believe her eyes, she saw Finn Wolfhard hugging Millie as she started to leave, she wasn't only shocked that her shy best friend hugged a attractive boy but the fact that, she hugged somebody who had be missing for nearly a month. She was honestly so shocked, that she had no time to realise that Millie had saw her from a distance and began to walk up to her. Grace quickly ran out the field racing her way home. Then shortly after arriving home, she got a message for Millie.

Millie: you can't tell anybody ANYTHING.
I know it was you.
Grace: why didn't you tell me this before?!
Millie: cause you wouldn't be able to keep it a secret.
Grace: ok I won't tell anybody anything!
I promise
Millie: you're not risking me,
You're risking Finn too
So make right decisions.

Then grace put her phone down and continued the rest of her day like nothing happened, cause nothing did happen.

Millie was a nervous wreck at this point, she had just risked Finns life in danger and a lot of trouble, she knew Grace can't keep a secret and it was only a matter of time before she let everybody hear about it. That was one of Graces flaws.
When they went back to school, it was pretty much normal, well apart from Grace and Millie giving stares at each other. Sadie quickly caught onto their behaviour and watched them like she never before. Grace was a lot more quieter now and Millie was just acting weird, like she wouldn't speak either and it would be blank answers if they ever asked a question or an opinion. Then one lunch time, Sadie snapped.
"Okay! What is it with you two and your weird little stares!?" She shouted at both of them, drawing attention to a few people around them.
"I don't know what you mean?" Millie answered, then Sadie took them out for a 'talk'.
"Spill. I know something up." And that easily Grace gave in.
"Ok, maybe! Sort of! Millie has found Finn but for some reason keeping it a secret, so I found out and now I'm keeping it a secret! I couldn't keep that in any longer, I'm sorry Millie!" Grace let out quickly, already seeing Millie beginning to rage.
"I knew I should have never told you! I should have been more careful!" Millie said, banging the locker next to her. Sadie looked at them both, completely stunned of what she just heard.
"Sadie you can't tell anyone!" And then that's when Millie had noticed a possible 8th grader, who was there listening the WHOLE ENTIRE TIME. How could life get any worse Millie thought, everybody in the school knew Finn was missing because of the flyers in their school. Grace looked at Millie and then so did Sadie, who noticed she was staring behind them then they looked back and also realised what was happening.
"Listen kid you can't tell anyone-" then he ran out the corridor.
"Just great!" She flung her arms up in frustration.
"No-one will believe him! He probably won't tell anybody!" Grace said, trying to reassure Millie.
"Yeah, what are the chances this gets reported to the headmaster!" Sadie said, also trying to calm Millie down, Millie tried to believe it, and took a deep breathe in, ready to take a step back into the cafeteria.

She won't be ready for what will happens next.

How did you like it! I think this is the longest chapter yet lol.
Until then!
Word count: 1520