≫ LIGHTBULBS ≪

warnings: reader w/ a fear of heights, a large fall

author's note: fluffy!! cliche!! just the thing i can't get enough of :)

word count: 2,344

≫≪

"Fine, Tony!" You huffed, glaring at the man in front of you. "I'll do it myself,"

"Good," he replied, not even looking up from whatever his current science project was. It's not like you had any idea. "You need to learn some basic skills, Y/N. Switching out one lightbulb won't hurt you," He seemed completely unaffected by your rage. Despite the fact that what he actually said made sense, in your mind, Tony had basically just told you that you couldn't do much of anything.

You stormed out of his lab, wishing that there was some way to slam the glass door you entered through. Sadly, there are wasn't. You marched to the living room where the lightbulb needed replacing, ignoring Thor's questions of concern as you stomped past him.

"It doesn't matter, Thor! I'm fine," You called over your shoulder, begrudgingly walking past him.

However, you stopped dead in your tracks as you realized you had no way to reach the lightbulb to replace it, nor did you have the replacement lightbulb. You groaned loudly, definitely ready to murder Tony at this point.

But, still, you weren't one to back away from a challenge, and quickly found a solution. You ran back down the hallway where you had first passed the Asgardian, calling his name. Thor was like a brother to you, one of your best friends— next to Clint of course—, and you were sure you could count on him.

"Thor? I need you!" you shouted, and sure enough, a blonde head popped out from a corner.

"Yes, sister? Has your dilemma turned out to, in fact, matter?" he asked. You smiled at the man who was practically your brother, enjoying his formal way of talking. The world was lacking in gentlemen, and Thor certainly was one of the few left.

"It has, in fact," you responded, looking up at him. "I need you to grab something for me,"

He inclined his head in a nod, "Of course. What is it?"

You pointed down the hallway, "There's a ladder somewhere in one of these janitor's closets. I'm not entirely sure which one it is but, I need you to carry it to the living room on this floor. Could you do that for me?"

Thor smiled, agreeing to the task. You kissed him on the cheek appreciatively, turning away to leave him to his job. Now, it was your turn to raid the janitors' closets in search for the one other thing you needed, the lightbulbs.

It didn't take you long to spot a door in the hallway that could be a closet for storing sanitation items. You opened the door, and to your surprise saw Natasha curled up in the corner, reading. Your eyes widened, and you attempted to silently close the door and not disturb her. But, she was a master assassin, and there was no way you were sneaking off without her noticing.

"Oh, hey, Y/N," Natasha said, making you freeze midway into closing the door. Immediately plastering a bright smile on your face, you turned around slowly.

"Why are you being so weird?" she asked with a chuckle.

"Well, um, everyone knows not to disturb you when you're reading, and I— uh— was just looking for some lightbulbs, so I'll just get out of your hair now—"