Chapter 14

Sasuke followed Itachi up to the bridge, landing in front of him. Sasuke narrowed his eyes when the older Uchiha said nothing and just kept staring at him with his activated sharingan. “What are you doing here Itachi?” he called out from across the bridge.

“To bring you back to the village little brother”.

“And do you think I’ll just go back quietly?” Sasuke raised an eyebrow.
Itachi sighed. “I know that you won’t. Just what are you trying to accomplish by doing everything you’ve done Sasuke?”

“Do you really want to know?”

“I’m aware of your goal. What I want to know is why and how you were led to this goal of yours”.

Sasuke closed his eyes before answering his brother, “Ever since the beginning, we have been taught to be proud of our Uchiha blood and the visual prowess in our eyes. Father was always raving about it and had so much pride in the clan. I believed father that we were a clan that stood above the rest, an elite clan. I believed him, in his words and carried myself with that pride and power that the Uchiha name gave me”.

Sasuke clenched his fists and glared at the ground as he continued to explain. “I believed him, yet… no matter what I did… I could never make him proud. No matter how hard I tried I was always in the shadows of everyone else. Someone would always overshadow my efforts to be recognized. That stupid loud mouthed blonde brat; he would talk big but had no real talent. A nobody that always needed saving yet somehow his power was growing, he was getting stronger a lot faster than I was. I was someone from an elite clan, an Uchiha but how was it that someone as reckless and simple minded as he be getting stronger than I was”. Sasuke could feel his anger growing and he struggled to stay calm.

“Then there was you, the ‘Child Prodigy of the Uchiha’, always being compared to you. I admired you and strived to surpass you, to become someone stronger than you. Even though I pushed myself to be able to reach your level and to become someone worthy in father’s eyes, it was still only about you. It didn’t matter how hard I tried, nothing I did would ever be good enough. Why was it that I couldn’t meet father’s expectations? I knew the answer was that I needed more power, but I didn’t know how to go about it. Then the opportunity presented itself when Orochimaru met us in the forest of death. At that moment, When he gave me the curse mark, it was the first time I felt the power I was looking for, now I’m able to see the truth and what must be done”.

“Is that so?” Itachi asked, running straight to Sasuke, raising his leg and aiming for Sasuke’s head. Sasuke dodged, swinging his fist at his brother’s face. “Just what do you see with those eyes of yours then?”, Itachi took out a kunai and Sasuke unsheathed his sword at the same time, blocking the kunai from getting close to his face. Itachi grabbed Sasuke’s arm, twisting it and jumped up to kick Sasuke’s sword, knocking him off balance. As Sasuke struggled to regain his balance, Itachi leaped over him, grabbing the collar of the younger Uchiha’s clothing and throwing him to the side. Sasuke’s back impacted with the wall of the bridge, getting the air knocked out of him.

Sasuke got up to his feet, wiping away some saliva from the corner of his mouth. “My eyes see more than yours ever could. What they see is that the current Uchiha Clan has become soft and weak, keeping their heads down and following the words of inferior beings. What they see is a new future, a new Uchiha Clan that can thrive in a world where they won’t be shackled by the oppressions of lesser clans. What my eyes see is the rebirth of the original Uchiha that were feared and respected by everyone”.

The raven ran towards Itachi activating his Chidori Stream, not giving Itachi a moment to weave any hand signs and kicked his arms. Sasuke jumped back and swept his brother’s legs, Itachi jumped up and Sasuke used this chance to slam the jutsu into Itachi’s stomach.