The Beginning

He stood tall amongst the shadows, unseen by the prey he was currently following. Ami had positioned himself seven paces to his right, blocking off a possible escape route for the hunted. The night provided a cloak that enveloped his already low presence, making him impossible to spot by those even with the keenest eyes.

Ami was quiet as usual, following his movements and moving in unison with him, their minds connected in the midst of the hunt.

The prey they were hunting was one that crept along the ground on all fours, it's scaly body scarlet red, his and Amis favorite color. Such a shame that they had to strike it down, but it posed too much of a problem for them, and the village as well. He could not allow it to wreck any more havoc than it already had. It's mere footsteps singed the ground it walked on. Stepping on leaves and leaving them sizzling, a dangerous creature by it's mere nature. Eyes cold and void of any kind of sentience, it was a creature created to destroy all in it's was and leave everything in it's wake in a blaze.

His bow had been readied, a notched arrow already in it's place. The bow was quite a strong one, despite it's heavy usage. It was jet black, a sleek, heavy color. The string also black, and was held tightly in the grip of his index and middle finger.

The body of the arrow was average, but the tip of it was shaded an icy blue, and sharp to the point.
It had all gone according to plan. Tracking the creatures path had been simple, as it's brethren had provided a wealth of information about it's species. This kind of beast searches for villages abundant with people, and seeks to burn and annihilate what lays before it. How it finds the villages is unknown, but these creatures can seem to sense where a congregation of individuals may collect within a specific radius of said beast. A name had yet to be given to the beast, he wasn't very good at coming up with such things. Was not in his nature really.

The beast was a large one, coming in at a whopping ten feet in length and relatively five in width, it was not a beast to be trifled with by any average human.

But he was no ordinary human.

The beast had come to a halt, perhaps to change it's course towards his village. He had gained the high ground by climbing up into the trees and waiting for such a moment to occur. He and Ami had been tailing the beast for a while, and he felt bad leaving Ami alone on the ground while he hopped from tree to tree tailing the beast. He wanted this to be over with so he could be reunited with his companion on the ground.

He knew the beast would stop, he was aware how close the village was and knew the creature would change it's course. He had notched the bow preemptively, waiting for the beast to change it's course. The beast could only move in a straight path, so it would have to stop and turn.

Finally as the beast halted, it began it change it's direction towards the village. However, the beast found a dog standing in it's way. The dog was coated in black and brown fur, very difficult to see in the night. Ami was a strong and confident pup, never barking or causing trouble for him. When Ami wanted to, he could emit a very powerful presence and aura.

Ami had positioned himself in the beasts way to halt it's progression towards the village. Although the beast could not see Ami, he could suddenly sense Ami as he had let his presence grow strong. The beast, surprised by the sudden appearance if such an animal, let it's guard down for a split second.
It was all he needed.

He let the arrow fly. With a twang of the strong the arrow had jettisoned from his fingers and sailed toward the beast at a high velocity. The straw struck the beast towards it's right side, exploding into ice as it made contact. The scarlet red body pf the creature seemed to dull upon impact. He knew the ice would be a major hindrance for the beast. The creature reared it's head and let out a roar, spweing fire out of its mouth simaltantiously, whether of surprise or pain is uncertain, but an opening was created for the two.

Ami with a burst of speed rushed towards the beast. The beast, already in a state of panic, was now startled by the sudden moving of such a quick dog. It staggered backwards in fear.

While this was transpiring, he had notched another arrow, this one made of pure hard steel, body and head. A cold and dangerous arrow. He reared this one back, and let it loose.

It flew straight at the creatures head, and pierced it's searing scales upon it. The arrow went straight through the creatures head, a clean piece, despite the creatures scaly skin. Immediately the creature ceased it's movements, and flopped onto the ground with a loud thud. Blood trickled down from the top of the beasts head and onto the grass.

He sighed, glad the ordeal had finally come to a close.
He jumped down from the tree, performing a tuck and roll to avoid any damage to his legs.
He calmly walked over to the beast, whose body now deceased began to glow in a dim red light. Ami met him half way, not even panting, despite his incredible movements. Strong and quiet, he loved that pup immensely for that.

As he walked to the creature, it had gone from a dim glow to a bright light, it's body slowly dissolving and crumbling. He and Ami watched it in silence, as the bright light had illuminated them both, as well as the grand oak trees around them. He stood tall, roughly six feet, brown hair, brown eyes, nothing out of the ordinary from him. He wore his grey winter coat, his favorite one, comfortable yet also keeping him warm, it donned him as a perfect fit. His furry little companion stood quietly at his side. Ami was roughly five feet and length, with perky ears always paying attention to the surroundings. Upon the nape of Amis neck was a scar, something that had seemed to be thereforever.  

He adjusted his bracer on his right arm, the tingling tensation returning to it, as what usually happened when he got into the heat of the moment. It would soon subside, returning to a normal state. He was not sure if he really liked the sensation or not, something that was very strange to him. 

Soon enough, the glowing suddenly, stopped, and the beast and turned to nothing more than ash which would feed the forest. Among the ash lay a solid red crystal, glowing dimly. Ami walking over and picked the crystal up, turning it over in his hands. Ami looked up at him, searching his masters face for any sign of happiness.

He only chuckled for a moment before placing it in his bag he wore on his back.

Another one down, plenty more to go.

He turned around and began to walk back towards camp, with Ami following him at his heels.
Another day whittled away, with another one approaching. He sighed at the thought. The night was darkened, and his thoughts turned silent. He hated this moment, when the rush was dying down and he was left to his thoughts again. The only thing that was able to calm him down was petting his little friend at his feet, who smiled with glee as he hit Amis favorite spot on his back. It calmed him down, made him see things better. 

His bliss.