First Glimpse

BUZZZ
BUZZZ
BUZZZ
My hand came hurdling down at my alarm clock I heard the familiar song Kilidiscope start up. Ma always complain about it being so loud so early in the morning but it was the only way I could wake up in the morning. I slipped on my boxers and grabbed the towel hanging from the door knob. I walk out of my room and head for the bathroom. I go to open up the bathroom door as it swings open.
"IM WALKIN ON SUNSHINE OOOHOOHOOOOHHHHH IM WALKING ON SUNSH-" Jen walks out of the bathroom practically putting on a concert for all the neighborhood.
" Jezz Jen why do you have to be so loud? It's fucking 6:30 in the morning." I run my groggy eyes trying to get them to focus. Then I remember I'm not wearing my contacts.
" Don't be a pissy kid just because you're not a morning person." Jen said still blocking my entry to the bathroom. I rolled my eyes and groaned, she had to be the most annoying younger sister in the whole world. We were only a year apart, which only made things worse because she had all the same friends I did, she was always telling all the girls all the things that I wouldn't want anyone to know ever. Once she told everyone how I peed the bed till I was ten. Imagine how many girlfriends I've had since then. Long story short she was a pain in my ass that I couldn't wait to get rid of. But it wasn't too much longer, after this school year I was off to college free of my demonic sister.
"Can you move so I can get ready now?" I say, I only have an hour till I need to leave.
Jen smirks now,"What's the magic word Timothy?"
I shove past her tiny frame and push her out of the way of the closing door.
"HEY!" Jen's high voice screeched as she turned around to fight with me.
I looked at her and smirked,"Too bad I don't give two shitssssssssss" I drag out the 's' as I close the door in her face; I can hear her huff and stomp all the way to her room. I rolled my eyes, she was such a drama queen. I strip my clothing, get in the shower, and start thinking of my senior year of high school. I hope that I can just get out of here, go and find myself out in the real world. I just need to focus on school and let everything else work its self out.

45 minutes later

"Hurry up Jen! If you aren't in the car when I am I'm leaving you!" I yell as I walk down the stairs. I walk down to see my mother scowling at me, she plants one hand on her hip and points one at me as she say,"No you won't because then I'll have to take her and I'll be late and then you'll be grounded. Coprende smart ass?"
I can't help but laugh, make could never be serious about anything, even if she tried he ended up saying things like "coprende".
"Hahaha okay okay but when I get detention for having too many tardies ground drama queen up there." I say as Jen walks down the stairs.
"I'm down stairs now dill weed." Jen said as she poured herself a bowl of cereal.
I look at the clock and see that we have 3 minutes till we need to leave. I look to see that Jen is taking her good sweet time with her food as she scrolled through her phone.
"So either you need to put some effort into eating that food or become a food eating champion or something J. We have 2 minutes till we need to leave."
Jen's finger stopped scrolling as she looked up at me, we held eye contact for a good 20 seconds until she rolled her eyes and began shoveling soggy cereal into her makeup face.
"Thats what I thought, hurry up. I'm gonna go grab my bag and my keys and then I'm leaving. Be there or be square." I say as I jog up the steps to my room. I grabbed my bag and went down towards the front door.
"Bye ma! Have a great day at work!" I holler, I wait for a reply and hear a faint "Make good choices!" Sounds like she is in the back of her closet choosing what to wear. Same old mom.
I walk out the door to see Jen already leaning up against my truck continuously pulling at the door handle knowing for a fact that it wasn't going to change one pull from another. I decide to do exactly what a good big brother should do. I hit the unlock button and wait for Jen to pull the handle one more time. As she pulls once more I see the door come open and Jens eyes go wider than poker chips. She stumbles back and just barely stops herself from falling, I start laughing uncontrollably like a child.
"Timothy Kern, if I would have fallen, I would have murdered you right here and then proudly told the police it was me. I would take selfie with your dead corpse." This statement of hers just makes me laugh even harder, see, Jen is exactly like my mother. They are built like birds, both of them 5'4 with chocolate brown hair and caramel eyes. Me, I look much more like dad, 6 foot even with sand blond hair and green eyes with copper in the middle. I finally calm myself down and climb in the truck.
"Awwwww that's cute Jen, you think you could take me." I mock as she climbs in.
She raises her eyebrows at me surprised, "You wanna go punk?" I look at her and then we both start laughing, we both knew it would just end with Jen crying or me getting racked.
"Come on let's get going! I want to see everyone! Are you excited for your last first day of high school bubba?" I couldn't help but feel a pull at my heart when she called me that. That's the nickname dad gave me all those years ago, she only used that name when she was being genuine.
"Yea I think I am J, I think I really am. Alright let's do this." I stared up the engine and stated backing up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys this is just a little thing I'm working on. It's just been floating around in my head for a bit so I thought why not. All reads, comments, and votes are welcome and greatly appreciated.