Waking up

Date: June 9, 2067

Time: 9:17 pm

Subject: Waking up

----Elijah----

I woke up refreshed and alert. I turned around to see Ezekial sleeping as well. I sighed because A) It was super duper cute, and B) I had to leave this place soon. I got up and walked down stairs.Griffin and Akemi were in the basement playing Call of Duty I could tell. They were both screaming cuss words so I assumed. I let out a sad laugh as I grabbed my satchel off the dining room table. I had to leave. I still had to find Aiden and Jedidiah. I wouldn’t say a word. I would slip out of the house like a silent shadow, like a cat in the night. I don’t want to have to say goodbye. I ran up the stairs silently with my light, cat like feet. I slid into Ezekial’s room and grabbed my backpack and threw on my “Meow Wow” hoodie. Then I walked out and walked onto the terrace and jumped off into their yard. It was dark already but it had no affect on me. I made my way through a pasture of flowers and over to where I had detected one of the tunnels. The light breeze smelled of rust but the moon was full and the grass stirred. I was surprised they were able to keep the grass alive in here. Everything was so calm and relaxing. I glanced back at the house real quick. It was a mistake. I turned around to see Ezekial on the terrace. If I wouldn’t have turned around for him to see the reflective glow of my cat eyes he wouldn’t have known I was leaving. I sighed and scampered to the tunnel opening but he was lightning fast and jumped off the terrace as he raced towards me.

“Hey… Where you going?” He asked tilting his head with a sad look in his eyes. I pressed my hand to the back of my neck and sighed. His long dark brown hair swayed slightly in the light breeze. He looked so darn cute so I looked at the ground before I spoke. I couldn’t bare look in them eyes.

“I’m going to go…” I said slow and sad. I really didn’t want to leave.

“But you just got here…” There was a slight tone of hurt in voice. I sighed again and shook my head.

“Yeah, I know. But, there are more people I need to find. If you guys just stay here I will be back in a few months. It’s really no big deal.” I said trying to sound as confident as I could. I looked up and into his eyes. His mouth was partially gapped open and his hair still swaying. His eyes looked like they could reach out and hold me back from going. They could, but I wouldn’t let them. “I’ve been gone for a year; this is a lot less time now.” I continued with a slight sad smile. He sighed.

“I know, I know, but I didn’t know you were alive until well today. And its like, now you’re here and I just… I just don’t think you should go. It’s dangerous out there.” He told me not looking me in the eyes. Then he turned his head and put his hand on my shoulder. I was hot with rage for a moment and pursed my lips together. I had saved his freaking life and been on my own for a year. He thinks this is ‘too dangerous for me’? What the heck!

“I just saved your life a few hours ago. I’ve been on my own for a year. I can handle my self Ezekial.” I said with hostility in my voice. His eyes were confused and angry at the same time but I knew he wasn’t angry with me. He was angry at himself for saying something dumb and setting me off. I leaned down real fast, typed in the code, and disappeared down the pitch black tunnels with Maple on my tracks. I could hear Ezekial call my name through the manhole cover but I kept walking. It took a lot to keep walking, I mean this guy I would do a lot for, but I knew what was best for me. I picked up Maple and put her in my hoodie pocket. She hissed at me but it was faster this way. I opened up the tunnel opening closest to the border of California after walking a long time. I opened it up and the moonlight peered onto my skin. I didn’t even know where to start looking. What had I gotten myself into? But I was going to find them. I know I would. I think I knew where to start. I’d travel back to our home town and look in there houses. I could guarantee Jedidiah would do something stupid and stay in his house. I missed Jedidiah so much. I mean I missed Aiden as well. They were both my best friends, but I loved Jedidiah more than just a best friend way. I think we both secretly loved each other but had too much pride to tell each other. I headed west. If I was good enough I’d make it to Missouri in about two weeks. I began walking through the road with my swords in the belt loops of my pants. I heard a twig snap. I instantly withdrew my samurai swords and did a back flip. Akemi stood behind me and I let out a sigh as I put my swords back in my belt loops.

“Hey you.” Akemi greeted with a sexy wink. I did a half smile. Griffin and Ezekial flew down in front of me on there backs like they were so cool. I smiled real big. I guess something in the back of my head yearned for them to follow. This would be fun.