Part 1.

"He will come. He has promised to come for her, he has promised that he will not be late and make everything alright with a forever stamp."

Her heart only repeated these words as many time as she could. Teary eyes surrounding her, cry in these people's throat, sympathy in their eyes made her feel out of world. Why none was understanding her, why none was ready to have trust in her trust!! Dadi's revelation, Amma's past, their troubled and entangled past..etc can and should never be reason of their separation.

Actually there should be no reason of their separation, they have come a long way, they have waited for so long.. only with an hope that the next journey of life is going to be worth waiting, worth longing... They both have dreamt of a future of their own.

Their submission to each other, their night of love and emotion, their moment of passion and desire..were not only her trust in him it was also her belief in her. She loves him and she knows he loves her more. She could still feel his touch lingering on her skin, she could feel his lips playing against hers, the feeling of a woman from a girl was still enchanting her mind and body.

Hugging her knees to her heart, she pulled her Veil that slipped a little from her head and sat before holy fire burning in alter where their marriage was supposed to perform. Pandit Ji was ready, their respective families were there, she was there, their sisters were their.. All were there except him.

A slow whimper escaped from her throat.

"Khushi.."

She looked up at her sister, Payal continued trying to clean her sweaty forehead..

"How long will you wait Khushi?? Arnavji will not come..."

"Jiji.. I'm not waiting for any bus at bus-stop. I am waiting for my husband for our Marriage."

"Khushi..??"

"You don't trust him, I don't mind. But I trust him.. I do.!!"

Her eyes looked up at his sister, standing at a corner as if not ready to accept any wrong turn life could bring in her brother and sister in law's life.

"Di.. I don't have.. have my phone.. Please, call him once.( she stood up and walked till Anjali.) Tell him, he can't make me wait on our wedding day.. This is heights, Di. He will not be spared with "Sorry" this time.. He.."

Before Khushi could complete, the sound of shoes tapping against the floor reached in her ears. This tap against floor was as arrogant and loud as him. She turned around swiftly..

"Arnavji!!!"

At a few feet away, there was standing the man for whom her heart beats like a loud drum. He was standing there with a wounded forehead and bruised head. Her heart skipped a beat, his eyes were more reddish, even more than the henna colour in her hands. Dry marks of tears were evident against his cheek which were giving proof of his hiding for so long, trembling lips of his were trying to tell her something which were in alien language for her at that instant.

"Kahan the aap.. Aaj humari shadi hai Arnavji.. Aur aap hai ki??"

He did not reply just took his steps forwarded. She did not step back, he had made her understand that time has reached and they both should step ahead with each other.

"Arnav..Ji."

He loved to hear his name from her mouth, "Arnavji" reflects her respect, her emotion, her love, her attachment with him. It feels intimate, Her "Arnavji" is so different.. than.. others, like Payal addresses him with "Arnavji!!" Her call makes him feel homely, beside her.

"Your Mother Or I??"

She did not blink for next some seconds, not understanding what he was saying.