Chapter 19

Agnes POV

For once, I'm not the only one who feels like a third wheel. Actually, there are three third wheels here. Me, Lana, and Clara. Leo has been hitting on Mei the whole time we've been here. She's no better though, she just rolls her eyes and scolds him, which only encourages him further. Currently we're in the food court arguing over what to get. "I still say we should get Subway!" Mei insists for the eightieth time.

"That's boring, let's get pizza!" Leo argues.

"Oh yeah, because that's not equally as boring." Lana points out.

"At least I'm suggesting things! I don't see you coming up with anything!"

"That's because for once I agree with Mei." Lana says calmly.

"Guys, can we please stop arguing. We don't all have to get the same thing." I say, attempting to break up the fight. I glance at Clara who's been her usual quiet self this whole time. "Clara what do you want?"

She looks up and gives me a polite smile. "Oh, I'm not hungry."

I frown. "Are you sure? We're paying for everything, it's no trouble at all." 

"Y-yeah, I'm sure. I had a big lunch t-today." She says.

"Oh." I nod my head, but I can't help but miss how Lana and Leo exchange a look. I brush it off. Maybe I'll ask them later.  We end up getting Lana and Mei their subs, and Leo and I get a pizza to share. We take a seat at a corner booth and begin to eat. Poor Clara looks out of place and awkward. "Hey Clara, do you want a slice of pizza? There's no way we can finish this whole thing."

"Well see now that's just not tru-" I elbow Leo in the ribs. I know very well that his appetite could handle this pizza all on his own, but I'm trying to get Clara to eat something.

"N-no that alright. Thank you though." She says, her voice audibly shaking.

Mei chooses this time to speak. "You know what I always say; waste not want not. You guys better finish that." She says as though she didn't truly care whether Clara ate or not, just so long as it got finished. I saw the concern in her eyes though. A look of guilt flashes across Clara's face, and she hesitantly picks up a small piece of pizza. She looks at it carefully before taking a tiny bite. Conversation resumes, but I notice how chewing seems to be difficult for her.

We finish everything up relatively quickly. We then make our way to a dress shop. Lana begins inspecting a bright red mini dress. I know she'd look stunning in it. Mei is looking at a black, off the shoulder, knee length dress. I turn m attention to the rack in front of me, and a lavender colored dress catches my eye. It's knee length, and has flowers sewn into the collar and shoulders. I notice Clara looking at a pale pink sun dress with a billowy skirt. She seems to contemplate it for a moment before putting it back. "Hey Clara, what dress size are you?" I ask.

Her face pales, and I panic. "You don't have to tell me, it's alright."

She doesn't say anything, just excuses herself to the bathroom. Good job Agnes. Good job. "Hey Aggie, don't beat yourself up." Mei tells me. 

"Why did you ask anyway?" Lana asks.

"I was going to look for a dress for her to try on, but I didn't want to get it in the wrong size..." I trail off.

"It's alright kid. I'm sure she's just modest." Leo says distractedly. He holds up a yellow dress. "What do you think? Does chartreuse suit me?"

"Leo shut the hell up, we're trying to be serious." Mei says as she rubs her temples.

"So am I." He deadpans. "Seriously kid, she'll be alright."

I nod but look away. "I think I'm going to go check on her." I announce. Nobody's really listening, so I just start to look for the bathroom. While I'm looking, I feel someone smack into me from behind. I turn to see a girl with dyed dark green hair, and near black eyes. She looks up and narrows her eyes at me. "Watch where you're going." She says rudely.

"Sorry." I say as I shrug slightly.

She rolls her eyes and walks off.  I shrug again, this time to myself, and just keep looking for the bathroom. I finally spot it as I see Clara standing outside of it. Her face is pink and she's shaking. There's a guy in front of her and he's talking. As I get closer I begin to hear his words. "...so hot. I think that you'd secretly like that huh? Bet you didn't get a lot of offers though." The guy chuckles and Clara looks like she wants to cry. 

"Clara are you alright?" I ask, for once not caring if I'm interrupting.

The guy turns to face me, and he looks vaguely familiar. I don't think I've ever met him though. Clara silently shakes her head. "Sir please leave my friend alone. " I say to the stranger.

"What's your name?" He asks, cocking his head.

"I don't have one, must have left it at home. Should probably go get that. Come on Clara I need you to help me find it." I say as I grab Clara's arm and begin to pull her.

"Well you can go, but leave this little sweetheart with me. It'd be better for everyone." He says as he grabs her arm and pulls her back to him.

"Okay then. I didn't want to have to do this but you've left me no choice," I say. Then I turn and yell as loud as I possibly can. "LEO!!!!"

Killian POV

"You guys aren't going to believe what I just found out." Rusty says as he comes to sit beside me and Damian at the bar.

"Hm?" I inquire.

"You guys know that chick from school, Claire?" He starts. Now he has Damian's complete attention.

"Her name is Clara dipshit." He says as he takes a sip from his beer.

Rusty stares at him for a second. "....Okay, anyway. I had a friend of mine do a background check on her and her brothers. Turns out she's blood related to three guys: Joel, Gavin, and Lucas. But the four of them were adopted by The Hill family."

Damian goes ramrod stiff. "What the fuck did you just say?"

"I know, fucking crazy." Rusty says, oblivious to the fact that Damian has turned homicidal.

I'm about to make a run for it when my phone buzzes. I check the screen and see that Leo is calling me. "Hello?" I say.

"Hey....so guess what?" Comes the feminine voice of Lana.

"Where's the clown?" I demand.

"What do you mean? Rusty's with you." She shoots back. I snicker and Rusty raises and eyebrow at me. Ha. Clown.

"No, not him the other clown." I say.

"Oh, he's arguing with Ben Hill." She says casually.

"..................Care to repeat that?" I ask, my voice low. My tone raises the eyebrows of Damian and Rusty.

"Ugh boys, he was bothering Clara so Agnes confronted him. Now Leo is-"

"Yeah I heard Lana, where the fuck are you?" I demand as I stand up.

"What's going on?" Damian asks.

Lana says the name of some clothing store, so I tell them not to go anywhere and hang up the phone. I turn to Damian and Rusty. "Ben Hill was bothering Clara, and now he's bothering Agnes." I explain. At the name Clara, Damian is practically out the door already. Whipped. I grab my keys and head out to my bike. I fucking hate people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who is Ben Hill? 

What's going on with Clara's family?

Is chartreuse a good color for Leo?

Feel free to comment!

Hope you enjoyed <3