Attack

Disclaimer: I don’t own Glee; if I did we would see the Warblers far more often
Warning: Contains violence

             The Warblers stood up and clapped loudly as the curtains closed. When it opened again, the cast of West Side Story was standing there. They clapped happily as everyone bowed, but then cheered loudly as Kurt took his turn, and again when Blaine and Rachel stepped forward. The boys filed out of the auditorium with everyone else; Jeff and Nick were near the front, their hands linked together.

            “Hey Mr. Hummel!” Thad called when the boys saw Burt and Carole, “Hey Mrs. Hummel!”

            “Hi boys!” Carole called back, “Did you enjoy the show?”

            “Yeah, it was great,” Wes replied. During Kurt’s short time at Dalton, the Warblers had spent a lot of time at Kurt’s house hanging out and watching movies on weekends. In that time, Burt and Carole had gotten used to having all the boys around. They continued walking outside when Nick stopped and tugged on Jeff’s sleeve.

            “You mind if we stop? I didn’t want to leave in the middle of West Side Story,” Nick pointed at the door to the boy’s bathroom and Jeff smiled.

            “Sure, no problem. I’ll wait right here for you,” Jeff said and Nick nodded. While Jeff waited, he lost sight of the Warblers though all the people walking out of the auditorium. When Nick walked out of the bathroom they headed down the hall.

            “Come on, let’s just go outside here and walk around the school until we reach the parking lot,” Nick said, taking Jeff’s hand. They started walking slowly around the building and had just turned a corner when they bumped into a bunch of guys wearing Letterman jackets.

            “Well, well, well. Look at what we have here,” a big, beefy guy said, “A couple of f**s.” Jeff flinched slightly; it had been am long time since he’d been called something like that. Nick tugged Jeff’s hand slightly so the blonde boy was standing behind him. Jeff glanced at Nick and saw that his jaw was set. To anyone on the outside, this might look like Nick was trying to appear tough, but Jeff knew better. His boyfriend was scared, and that terrified Jeff more than anything else.

            “We were just here to see the show,” Nick said, his voice strong, “We’re leaving now.”

            “I don’t think so,” the big guy spoke again, “You freaks are on our territory now. You don’t get to infect our halls and then just walk away without paying for it.” Jeff jumped when he felt someone grab him from behind and pull him away from Nick.

            “Let him go!” Nick shouted, whipping around to look at them. They laughed and one of them grabbed Nick, holding his arms behind his back.

            “Nick!” Jeff shouted, “Stop it! Just leave us alone!” The big guy stepped forward and punched him in the face. He felt his lip split open and start bleeding. Blow after blow, Jeff could feel the blood starting to run down his face. He could hear Nick in the background, shouting at them to stop.

            The guy holding him held his arms tighter and Jeff heard something snap. He cried out, but even that didn’t stop them. If anything, it only encouraged the beating. The jock hit his head and Jeff saw stars. He felt his legs give out and the only thing holding him up was the guy in the letterman jacket. Jeff wasn’t sure how long it went on. All he knew was that one minute he was being beat up and the next there was a lot of noise and he was being dropped to the ground.

            “Jeff! Jeff!” He heard people shouting his name, but couldn’t respond.

            “Jeff,” a voice said. He knew that voice, better than any other. He felt someone lift his head gently and was suddenly being held in a familiar pair of arms.

            “Kurt go find your dad,” he heard someone say.

            “Jeff,” the familiar voice said, “Jeff? Can you hear me?”

            “Nick,” Jeff breathed and smiled slightly. Then, everything went black.

So, there it is, the first chapter of my first long Niff story. I hope you liked it! I’ve had the first several chapters written for ages, but I wanted to finish my others stories before I uploaded any more.

I have all the chapters written up so I'll be updating every Monday!

Let me know what you thought!