2 - Over-asking Questions

No one had told me about Professor Way.

I didn't think it was possible for someone to be so attractive. Everything about him was stunning... maybe even flawless. And that voice of his- so stern, yet so playful at the same time; the way he teased me about being a trouble-maker made me feel so unexpectedly excited.

Although, even with my increased interest for my teacher, the rest of art class that day didn't get much more eventful after Prof. Way had lectured me in front of the entire class. As expected, we just went over the course requirements and shit. Nothing fun or anything. Luckily though, I managed to stay awake for the rest of the class, somewhat out of the fear that I'd almost get smacked with a pointer stick again.

Back at my dorm that night, Ray and I hung out and watched some TV for a while to unwind after our tiring first day full of classes.

"So, how did your day go?" Ray asked me during a commercial break.

"Good," I replied, absent-mindedly, being far too focused on some random infomercial that was trying to sell me something useless.

"Which class was your favorite?" He asked to try to keep the conversation going.

I shrugged, "I don't know. Probably art".

Ray's eyes lit up, "Oh that's cool! You're super creative, so I'm sure you'll be great at it".

I chuckled, "Thanks man. What about you?"

"Well, I think I enjoyed my music theory class the most. I'm excited to learn more about it..."

As Ray droned on about how wonderful his classes were that day, I couldn't help but think about art class again. I told myself I'd only stay until the end of the first class, but I felt a strong urge to go to it again. And that urge certainly didn't have anything to do with learning art itself.

When Wednesday finally arrived, I ended up going to all my classes again. I didn't enjoy them as much as the first day school though. This time we actually had to start learning, and I got a shit ton of homework that I wasn't looking forward to doing. So, by the end of the day, I wasn't in a good mood at all...

That is, until it was time to go to Prof. Way's class. By the time I got there, all the seats except for the ones in the front were taken yet again. I stood awkwardly in the doorway for a moment, silently debating on whether or not it was actually worth it to sit through the class again. I had already told myself that I'd find a better class to receive my art credit in anyway, so why had I come all this way?

But suddenly, I remembered why very clearly. From behind me, a familiar voice rang out.

"Mr. Iero, I hope you realize you're blocking the entire doorway to my classroom". Immediately, I spun around and was confronted by none other than Professor Way.

"Sorry," I chuckled nervously, "I just got a little distracted I guess". He remembered my name... I felt my bad mood suddenly start to fade away at the thought of that.

Now, standing only inches away from him, I realized that he towered above me in height. I had to look up to meet eyes with him, and when I did, I noticed he was looking me up and down. It almost made me wish I had dressed a bit nicer that day.

Soon after, his eyes returned to mine, "Ah yes, I guess it's quite common for you busy students to have a lot on your mind". Shooting me a smile, he added, "Now go on, class is about to start".

This time when I entered his class, I happily took the seat closest to the board. Prof. Way entered not long after I had and greeted us cheerfully.