Remember me always

Today was the day. Lillian and I were traveling to Niagara Falls, Canada from London to visit Niagara Falls. Lillian had been acting different lately her mother died after a long battle with breast cancer and her boyfriend cheated on her with her younger sister. She called me up late last weekend frantically saying that it's almost over for her and that there was one last thing she needed to do I asked her what she was talking about and she just said we needed to go to Canada I bought the tickets we leave a week from today I asked her once more what was over for her and she hung up. I stared into the dark abyss that was my room and I decided that I would accompany her before falling asleep. I was waiting for her at the airport I turned around and she was strutting towards me with huge purple bags under her eyes. She greeted me with a dull but thankful smile, her eyes were bloodshot red and watery with old tears. We walked sluggish towards to the gate. We sat in our seats I began getting comfortable for this long ride I read "the tell-tale heart" by Edgar Allan Poe, Lillian and I talked about 4th grade the mean teachers the smell of new textbooks back when life was simple. A tear streamed down her cheek she was starting blatantly ahead I asked her what was wrong. "Remember me always" she said bluntly "what" I said sounding like a confused little girl looking for her mum." You know death occurs in the most indecent of times, but what's after it all of course and at the time of my demise I just want to be remembered." I looked at her with wide eyes I turned over to sleep I could feel her sad eyes digging into my soul, after that comment I felt immensely uncomfortable being here with her but I couldn't turn back now I could tell with absolute candour that she needed me. She woke me up several hours later we had arrived in Toronto, Canada we exited the plane and walked to the driver Lillian rented to take us to Niagara falls we were both silent the whole drive. We arrived at the Sheraton hotel which was close by the falls. After putting the bags in our room Lillian was desperate to go to the falls pulling me down out of the hotel like a small child on Christmas morning. I smiled at her the sun illuminating her blonde hair and her dull blue eyes which used to be vibrant blue, it's funny how the body reacts to lost. We made it to the falls water barreled over loudly as the sun shone brightly on the falls making it look like glass. I looked at Lillian's arm it was cut up severely I grabbed her arm and I looked at her sadly. " Don't worry it'll be over soon " I gave her a quizzical look I noticed she had a bracelet on given to her by the cheating boyfriend. "Remember me always" she said staring into the deep blue of the falls. " Can you stop saying that?" "look over there!" she shouted ignoring my question with her hands firmly on the guardrail. I turned around to see nothing but other tourists "what are you talking about" I turned back around to face her. She disappeared I looked around and she was gone. Her bracelet was on the ground I picked it up it was silver and there were blood stains on it on the outside it read 11.11.11 the inside was engraved " remember me always" I looked up to hear a cacophony of screams around me and a blonde haired woman jumping over the falls.