2

Logan:

As soon as Patton closes the door I sit up, ignoring the ache in my body.

"Uh-Uh-Uh," Remus says heading over, "You better lay your ass back down, baby."

I roll my eyes, "Hello, Remus."

"Hey, baby," he kisses me on the forehead, "Gosh you're warm," setting a thermos on my bedside table he says, "lay back down now."

"I can't, I have work to do," I say, reaching for my computer.

He grabs my hand, pulling it away and pushing on my chest to get me to lay down, "Work can wait, right now you need to relax."

I groan, "Not you too! It's merely a cold, please, just let me get back to work!"

He shakes his head, "No can do, you're gonna take the day off." He grabs my laptop and carries it off to my desk.

"Remus," I grind out, sitting up once again, "I. Need. To. Get. Some. Work. Done."

"What's so important, hm?"

"I'm working on the schedule, Thomas has some important events coming up."

"Oh yeah? When's this?"

"In a few weeks," I say.

"You have plenty of time, and you deserve a break. Now, lay down."

I glare at him.

"Oh no, don't look so sour, baby. I'll lay down with you, does that make it better? You want some soup?"

"It does not, I don't need to be treated like an infant. I need to get back to work. And I don't want any soup."

He sighs, "You're not gonna let up are you?"

"Not until everyone stops treating me like I can't take care of myself," I growl.

"We know you can take care of yourself, we just want to take care of you while you're feeling yucky," he strokes my hair and lays me back onto the bed, "I'll let you read if you promise to take it easy," he whispers as he kisses my cheek.

I can feel my body giving in to the comfort of his touch, "I suppose that would be acceptable, I do have some books I've been meaning to read."

He smiles, "There we go," he heads over to the bookshelf, "Which one do you want?"

"Topmost shelf, middle right, Marine Biology." I answer automatically.

"Had your eye on it for awhile?" He asks popping his eye out to emphasize his words.

I nod, ignoring his theatrics, "I just haven't found the time."

He hums as he grabs a book.

"That's the wrong one," I stand up to grab the book I'd mentioned, but my legs give out after a couple steps.

"Oh, baby. C'mere," he scoops me up off the floor slowly, and lays me down in bed, sitting down on the edge, "Do you feel dizzy?"

I shake my head, but that makes me feel even more nauseous so I stop.

"Don't lie to me, baby. Do you need anything?"

"N-No," I hate how weak my voice sounds.

"Alright, Don't get up again, okay? Please?" He says in a tone I can't place.

I nod, stopping almost immediately. He runs his fingers through my hair, occasionally placing kisses to my temples and hands.

The wave of nausea passes, I attempt to sit up again, Remus of course stops me, "What is it, baby? What do you need?"

"You said I could read?" I croak.

"Why don't you let me read to you?" He asks, "would that be okay?"

"I suppose...that would be sufficient," I say hesitantly.

"Thank you, baby." He kisses me again before going to grab the book, "this one?" He asks. I nod.

As he lays down on my bed I ask him to remove his shoes and place them by the door.

He laughs, "I'll be organized this once, but only because you're sick."

I nod, "Fair enough."

"How about we use the blankets?" he tugs on the comforter.

"Are you cold?" I ask with a cough.

"No," he shakes his head, "but you're shivering."

I hadn't even noticed until he said it. I can feel shame bubbling up in my stomach. I hate how weak I seem. I hate having them treat me like a child.

He pulls the comforter out from under me, draping it over me gently, "Are you gonna pout every time I try to take care of you?" he asks, as he slips beneath the covers.

"I'm not 'pouting' I simply do not enjoy being restricted to my bed and not being allowed to do anything," I retort.

"Don't be like that, baby," he strokes my hair, "I just want to help you feel better."

"That nickname is not helping," I grumble.

"I thought you liked when I called you that," he pouts, "are you really that mad at me?"

I sigh, "I'm not angry with you, I just feel as though I'm not doing anything productive. I hate wasting so much time."

"Oh, Logie," he wraps his arms around me, "You're not wasting time, not everything you do needs to be productive. You're allowed to take time for yourself."

"I know, but I still feel...guilty? For not doing anything to help Thomas. And for taking up another side's time."

"Oh, ba-" he stops, "Logan, you're always so helpful, you deserve a break, and I'm never contributing anyway!"

"You contribute, you're a part of Thomas, you're needed."

"Thank you, Logie." He kisses my cheek, "but that's not the point, the point is that I can afford to take care of you, there's nothing else I'd rather do."

"Thank you, Remus. I appreciate it, but it's hard for me to accept this," I explain, "It's been my way of thinking for so long."

"What is that you're always telling me when I'm being silly? Cocknitive dicksions?" He laughs.

I roll my eyes at his inappropriate words, "Cognitive distortions," I realize what he's talking about, "Oh...I suppose you're right."

He nods, "yeah, I know, now why don't you just relax and let me read to you?"

I sigh, "Alright."

He wraps an arm around me and props the book up on his knee, his voice goes softer than normal as he reads.