V.

Today was finally moving day.
      Lamar and I got up early along with Miss Felicia, and the kids to get the last of the boxes in the moving truck situated. Most of the heavy furniture had already been shipped to Maryland, along with both of our cars. When we arrived in Maryland, we would still have to get our new IDs, and license plates to become legal residents of Maryland. 
      In the living room, everyone began to say their goodbyes. Kamari and Kamoor hugged their older brother with teary eyes. "Y'all will be up there soon, okay? Be good for mommy." They wiped their eyes and nodded. Jamar and Lamar dapped each other up, then pulled each other into a brief hug. Lamar wiped his eyes, watching as his siblings said goodbye to their niece. With everything in the car finally situated, Lamar got Layla strapped in her car seat. Everyone watched as we got into the Honda Accord. Miss Felicia backed the car out of the parking spot, and pulled out onto the street. Lamar watched his child hood home, become smaller and smaller as we drove away. 

      Finally, when it was out of sight, he let out a sigh.

      Within twenty minutes we arrived at the airport, Lamar grabbed our suitcases and sat them on the ground. A couple paparazzi lingered in the area. 

      "Call me all when y'all get there, okay?" Miss Felicia began, "And let me know how the house looks when you get there-" "Ok, Ma." Abruptly, Miss Felicia turned around. "Ma" Lamar called, as she walked away. I stood, holding Layla and watching the scene in front of me. Lamar rested a hand on his mom's shoulder. I could tell she had been trying to hold her feelings in for a long time. And although she would see Lamar in less than two weeks, it was still hard for her seeing her son leaving home for good. 

      He pulled her into a hug, and she wiped her tear stained cheeks. She then approached me, and gave me a hug. "Watch her for me" she joked, then planted a kiss on Layla's cheek. "Love you, Ma." "Love you too son, be safe." Lamar and I finally entered the airport and checked the screen for our flight. 

Flight NK 443. 

Baltimore, Maryland

      I walked around the home, looking at the interior. Lamar watched me. "So?" "It's fine, Lamar." "But do you like it?" I could tell he had some concerns. We had just gotten into Baltimore, and the first thing Lamar wanted to do is see the house. "I love it, okay?" He shook his head, of course he didn't believe me. "Its only temporary, Naya. I promise we're gonna have everything we talked about." "I already have everything I want" I said, looking at the sleeping child in my arms. "Now, lets get this furniture moved in." 

Overall, it was a nice home. Two bedroom, two bathroom, with modern appliances. I know Lamar wanted to get a giant house, with more than enough room for Layla to run around but he had just signed his rookie contract yet, so money was still tight. It would work fine for us for now. Less space meant less to clean up.
      After hours movers getting furniture moved in, Lamar and I finally settled down for the night.
      "Chinese for dinner?" he suggested.
      "Of course."
      We sat down in the living room, kicked our feet up, and ordered some food.
      "I thought when me and you finally got our own place, we were gonna be turnt" he laughed. I chuckled. And here we were, in our own house, sitting on the couch watching Lifetime movies.