Chapter Two

"Emerald, it's time to get up, princess," calls my eldest brother Jayden.

"I'm up, Jay," I reply with a smile on my face. I love my family, a lot.

I am still really tired from last night, we didn't get home until around 12 I think. I am not really used to that; I am allowed to stay up as late as I want, but I usually go to sleep pretty early. 5 minutes more won't hurt I guess.

"Babe? You getting dressed," says my brother, Dylan peeping his head into my room. He frowns as he sees I'm still in bed. "Ermm, about to," I smirk.

He shakes his head jumping on my bed and saying, "Aren't you cheeky this morning, Miss Emerald," making me giggle. "Sorry," I laugh. "Anyways, get dressed," he says getting off of my bed and kissing my forehead, "You're leaving in an hour." 

"Thanks Dyl," I call out.

I walk over to put on my school uniform. This is the only outfit my brothers do not choose. I quickly put on my green plaid skirt, the white button up, my tie, the green sweater, my knee black socks and the ugly saddle shoes. The uniform was repulsive, but school rules I guess.

It's better than the alternative: homeschooling. If it were up to my family, I would be homeschooled. However, I pleaded with them. School is the only place where I am left alone and able to not think about my life too much.

Don't get me wrong, I love my life, but we all need a break.

I brush my long, straight, brown hair, putting on a slender headband. I brush my teeth and put on one of my many, expensive perfumes.

I grab my bag and phone, walking downstairs. I see my brothers sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast. "Good morning everyone," I chirp, taking my usual seat next to Jay, as they return their good mornings.

There is a plate of pancakes waiting for me. "Jay, where's dad?" I ask, taking a bite of the warm meal. Jay looks over at Dylan before looking at me, "Don't worry yourself, yeah? He's just busy." I simply nod, knowing they do not want any more questions about the topic.

My lunch bag is already on the table, so I put it in my backpack. Our maid, Bertha usually packs my lunch for me. "Alright, babe, lets get going," says my eldest brother. I stand up, kissing my brothers on the cheeks goodbye and walking out the door.

Jayden opens the door to his Ferrari for me, then I get in. The drive to school is quite short- of course they would not let me go to a school that is too far.

"Alright, princess, have a great day. Call me when you get done and I'll come get you," he instructs. I smile, giving him a kiss on the cheek, "Thanks, love you Jay." "Love you too, baby girl."

I step out of the car, walking into the school. I smile, seeing my group of friends.

"OMG hi Em!" chirped my friend, Chelsea. We done a quick French cheek kiss before chatting off.

Not to be rude, but my friends and I are definitely "those girls". We're the popular chicks of the school. However, we are not mean to anyone, of course.

The first bell rings, signaling us to go to class. English lit, with the horrid test I had to take today.  ————

"Finally we're done," I laugh to Chelsea. Her dad is part of The Kings, so I have known her my entire life. Her long, blonde hair flows like an ocean, while her eyes sparkle with a brown colour.

"Yeah, I know. What did you make?" she questions. "Oh I made a 98," I mumble. I am not one to brag about my successes. I simply tell if they ask.

"No fucking way," she says playfully hitting my arm, "somehow you did that. I literally make a 74."

Everything is going pretty smooth today. This is why I love school; I'm left alone with my own thoughts- "Emerald King, I need you in my office, now," boomed the voice of the headmaster.

Hello, loves! Hope you like the new chapter :) I wrote it at 12 tonight, so you'd have something to look at haha. Thank you for reading! If you don't mind, comment and vote. I'm open to all feedback:))