Ethan

When the phone rang and saw it was Olive’s phone number my heart skipped a beat, it was around 11 I was getting ready for a presentation of one of my biggest project, my team and I had been working all night and although my body felt tired I hadn’t slept knowing the date and wondering how was Olive doing, last year she called me after the dream, but today the phone didn’t even move. I got out the classroom and answer

“Hello, Olive I really want to talk to you but right now …” – I was cut off by Kristen’s voice

“Hi Ethan, it’s not Olive this is her sister. I was wondering if you know anything about Olive.  She was supposed to meet me at the train station at 9 but she never showed up, I came back home to see what was the hold up and found her room empty, she left her phone and just a note saying that she will be okay, im so sorry for calling you but I’m really worry about her, especially because she had a hard night.” -  my first thought its Olive has really moved on, then I know exactly who she is with but I can’t tell her sister, since I promise Ely to not let anyone know Olive its hanging out with him, also I don’t have Ely’s phone and I can’t really asked Kristen for it so I do the only thing that comes to mind.

“Don’t worry Kristen, I will look for her and will call you as soon as I know something, I think I know who might know where she is at. You go on and take the train I promise you tomorrow Olive will be at her house” – I don’t know what else to tell her, I knew she would believe in my words but at this moment I don’t even believe in my words. We hang up and I as soon as the line it’s free I dialed Natalie´s number.

“Sup’ this is Natalie” – and right then I know I’m making a mistake by calling this girl who doesn’t even know how to answer the phone.

“Good morning, this is Ethan speaking. Before you hang up, I need to asked you if you know where Olive might be, she was supposed to leave with her sister to her parents’ house today however she never made it” – It took her awhile to answer, I actually checked the phone to see if she was still on the line.

“She is ok, she’s with a person who takes cares good care of her” – and I know that was meant to hurt me

“I know she is with Ely, but I need to find her and known that she is ok” –

“I already told you, she is okay and yes she is with Ely and I trust him to take care of her, if she needs you she will call you don’t you think?” -  I was getting nowhere with this woman, so I hang up.

   I don’t know how but I needed to find Olive and take her home, but right then I realized something I never thought I could ever admitted Natalie was right if she needs me, she will look for me. Apparently she needs Ely right now, because it was him who she looked for this morning to run away, I kept my phone with the sound on and went back to my presentation however I kept checking my phone every 10 minutes.