••

"What are you doing?" Erin looked over to see Will and Allie looking at her weirdly. Erin was perched on top of a counter, eating a bag of popcorn while watching the chaos in front of her.

"Just enjoying the view," she smirked. "Watching these maniacs fight each other for food makes me feel sane."

"You're not gonna grab food, too?" Allie asked.

Erin chuckled. "I already restocked the first night we were here. I've watched way too many apocalypse movies to know what to do."

"I missed those movie marathons we used to have," Will sighed. Will and Erin smiled at the memories of the scary apocalyptic movies that caused Will to shriek like a girl and curl into Erin.

Allie felt out of place next to the two. They seemed to have shared a stronger relationship than Allie and Will's. The realization caused Allie to spiral into a dark hole of thoughts. Is this why he was angry about the stupid kiss? Cause he likes Erin? What does she have that I don't have? Allie thought.

A ringing phone snapped the three out of their dazed states and snap back to reality. Erin pulled out her buzzing phone and looked at the caller ID awhile before answering.

Gordie?
Yes. Hi, Erin.
Hiya Gordie... Is there something you need?
Uh yea. I saw Cassandra trying to break into the back of the pharmacy where the pills are. She told me about her heart thing. Her lips are blue, she can't find her pills, and she needs your help.

Erin jumped down from the counter as her expression twisted in worry. Will and Allie looked at her, puzzled.
Yea. Of course. I'm on my way and tell her I have some pills.
Will and Allie looked at each other. 'Drug deal?' Will mouthed to Allie. She shrugged before turning her attention back to the Lovelight. Erin hung up before facing the two.

"Well, it's been fun. But I'm needed elsewhere." Erin waved at them before dashing out of the store.

••

Erin walked through the Pressman household to find Cassandra and Gordie in the second floor bathroom. Cassandra was on the floor shaking while Gordie was crouched down next to her. The Pressman perked up at the sound of footsteps entering the room.

"Erin," Cassandra sighed happily. Erin sat herself in front of the other girl. Gordie left to give the two some privacy.

"You are so lucky that I keep your back up pills on me everywhere." Erin pulled out the pill bottle from her bag before handing it to Cassandra. Cassandra shakily opened it before swallowing two pills.

"Thank you." Cassandra wrapped her arms around Erin, who gladly returned the gesture. The two smiled into the embrace. After awhile, they slowly pulled away, but still close. Cassandra placed her hand on Erin's cheek, trading glances between her eyes and lips. Erin grabbed the back of Cassandra's neck before guiding her lips to Erin's.

Maybe it was the overwhelming feeling of love and compassion. Maybe it was their vulnerability to each other clouding their judgement. Maybe it was just two broken souls trying mend each other. Whatever the reason was caused the two friends to share a sweet kiss.

Cassandra pulled herself onto Erin's lap, not breaking the kiss. She tangled her fingers in Erin's hair while Erin placed her hands on Cassandra's hips. The kiss wasn't steamy or hot or lustful. It was loving. It was a soft, sensual kiss. Their tongues danced as the Pressman and Lovelight tried to find comfort in each other.

The silence of the bathroom caused Gordie to return to it. Upon entering, he witnessed the sweet moment between the two friends. His eyes widened as he watched them share a kiss and swap spit. He quickly backed out of the room, not making a sound as he did. Great, Gordie thought. Nice job, Gordie. Of course you would go for the gay ones. Idiot.