He was just a man who ripped out everyone and everything I love away from me.

There was screaming from my parents’ room. I ran as fast as I could and saw a man stabbing my mother. Blood was splashing everywhere.

            “Oh my god, Mom! NO! Dad, HELP!” I screamed.

            The man dropped my mother on the floor and came slowly towards me. I didn’t moved, all I did was stare at my mother’s body with tears in my eyes. Then the man held me tight.

            “Please, don’t kill me,” I sobbed.

            “Oh love, don’t you cry. Everything’s going to be okay in the end. If it’s not okay that because it’s not the end yet,” replied the man with a laugh.

            “Dad?” I said

            “Hmmmmm..” hummed the man.  ‘BANG!’ The man hit me against the wall. Then I blacked out.

 I woke up and blood was all over me. I got up and ran downstairs and found the police force and the detectives. I was confused.

            “You must be Dylan King. I’m detective Harper. We’re here because someone called and said there’s been a murder in this house, again,” said the detective. “What exactly happened last night?”  

 “I heard my mom scream so I ran into the room to see what was happening, and all I saw was a man stabbing my mom. Then when I got he came towards me and the next minute he hit me against the wall,” I replied. “I don’t know who he is because he was all covered in black.”

            “Where was your dad? Was he there?” asked detective Harper.

            “He was home, this evening. I even saw him before I went into my room. It was about an hour before I heard my mom screamed. But I didn’t see him after. Do you think my father’s the killer?” I replied.

            “What makes you think that, dear?” asked detective Harper.

            “The man didn’t kill me and he sort of sounded like my father,” I replied.

            “There’s not much evidence, but for now Mr. King is the suspect. Like you said, he didn’t kill you. There must be a reason why he didn’t kill you,” said detective Harper. “We’ll see what we can find and for now you’re going to live with your Aunt Alexander. Okay, Dylan?”

            “Okay,” I replied. Soon, detective Harper came holding a picture. It was a picture of me and my bestfriend Nate.

            “Does this photo look familiar to you?” asked detective Harper.

            “Yes, it’s me and Nate. We are bestfriends and this picture is kept in a frame on the desk beside my bed,” I replied. “Can I go to my bedroom?”

            “Sure, dear,” said detective Harper with a smile.

            I went into my bedroom and found my mirror broken and a bit a blood was stained there. The man must’ve hit it and gotten a cut, I thought. Then I saw the photo. It was at its usual place. No damage was done to it. I know there were only two copies of the photo. One was mine and the other was Nate’s. Then I saw fingerprints with blood on it. The killer must’ve looked at it. And the same picture with Detective Harper holding was covered in blood too. But how is it possible that the two copies of the photo were in my house while one of them must be with Nate.