1. Belong

Marli

At the mere thought of you my heart races, sending tingles up my spine
Uneasy feelings start to surface, my sanity is slowly dying
Glorious memories fill my mind but I still remember the pain
Unspeakable acts of hurt and despair I'll never be the same
Slowly but surely I continue to suffer, but my love never dies
Take your time, read between the lines, you'll know where my heart lies.

I gazed down, at the now tainted page, as if I were searching for something. Someone. I sat on my cold bunk patiently waiting for the words to magically come alive and take me to a much more pleasant place. A place where I could truly be happy, no stress and no worries, just pure bliss.

My fantasies were rudely interrupted when there was a sudden bang at the door. I quickly stashed away my notebook and tried to dispose of the restricted pen, however it was too late.

"Ms.Rae!" The loud obnoxious voice boomed from across the room.

That voice made me cringe. Always telling me what to do like he controlled me. That's all people have ever done, controlled me. Like I was some sort of property, I never truly belonged to myself and that pesky voice reminded me every single day.

"I was writing." I stated in a not so pleasant tone.

I wished he'd just disappear and vanish, along with my entire being of course.

"That's besides the point, you know you're restricted from obtaining any sharp objects."

"I'm still alive aren't I. Unfortunately." I retorted whispering the last part.

Everyone in this got damn wicked place was always up my ass about this. No pens, no pencils, no forks, no knives, no glassware, no nothing. Just stick me in a fucking padded room already.

"What was that?"

"Nothing Drew. I was only writing, I don't have any fresh marks, you can check for yourself." I huffed, spitefully tossing the life threatening pen into the trash.

He had no choice but to remove the pen from my room seeing as it was such a 'hazard'. Indeed it was a foolish act on my behalf but I found joy in messing with Drew. It was the only source of thrill I had in this twisted ass place.

He smacked his teeth and entered the room as a grim smirk appeared on my face.

"Why do you feel the need to make things harder than they already are."

He bent down and removed the deadly pen from the trash. He shoved the pen of doom into his pocket before gently taking my arm into his hands to inspect any alterations.

I watched him intently as he continued to examine me. Drew was indeed a nice man, in fact he was the only one I could kind of tolerate. Very well mannered, put together, and let's not even mention attractive. In essence he was a very pleasant man. However, it's the annoying role he played in my sick world is what bothered me. He's always monitoring and instructing me like I'm some child. Hell we were the same damn age! I shouldn't be treated like some demented little step child.

"I'm talking to you." He flatly stated.

I was so warped up in my thoughts I hadn't noticed he had finished inspecting me.

"I'm not making anything difficult Drew, I was just writing."

"You know better Mar-"

"Don't call me that!" I hissed.

Besides my loved ones the only person that called me that was August. Americas little heart throb August fucking Alsina. I grow livid at the mere thought of him, I hated him. I hate every single thing about him, the way he can make me feel so low yet so high, how he pushed me to the edge, his selfishness and most of all I hate that he still carries the one thing he damaged. My heart.