9. Room Full of Tears

August

"Good evening... Well morning ladies and gentlemen." A fair skinned blonde woman began. "Forgive me, to our special guests my name is Dr. Mosley, one of the many talented psychiatrists at the facility."

I looked over and chuckled as Marli let out joyous 'woo' and clapped her hands excitedly.

"Thank you Marli." She praised through a chuckle. "As you all may know many of your loved ones who were placed into this facility weren't dealt a pretty hand. You've seen them at their ultimate worst as well as I and let me tell you, it wasn't an easy road." She chuckled.

She paused for a moment and took a quick breather as if she were choking on her own words.

"I'm sorry." She chuckled once more before allowing herself to crack a little.

She patted her face dry before collecting herself and proceeding on with her speech.

"I was blessed with the opportunity to aid in the healing of a certain individual, a person who captured my entire being. I've never seen so much sorrow in one vessel and this is my expertise. Boy was she a tough one." She exasperated earning a laugh from the crowd.

I looked over at Mar as she was completely engrossed into what Dr. Mosley was sayin. I grabbed her hand as her eyes quickly met mine. She gushed that beautiful smile that I've been missing, and after planting a kiss on her hand we returned our attention to Docs lil tribute.

"But through this individual I learned something that I wish to share with each and every one of you."

She paused for a second quickly glancing in Marli and I's direction.

"It's okay to be sad, it's okay to feel pain, it's okay to feel sorrow. Sometimes we need to experience these horrible downs to finally take the initiative to lift ourselves up. There's nothing wrong with feeling. Humans are tricky beings and despite all of the scientific mumbo-jumbo emotions are something that can't be explained. They simply can't be put into words, only actions. And one shouldn't be restrained from performing such. Sometimes all we need is a little scream or a little pain to find the happiness waiting to be gained."

She exhaled before completely turning her attention towards the table Mar, her family, and me sat in.

"Marli. My sweet Marli. You weren't an easy task whatsoever." She chuckled as she wiped away some stray tears. "But you overcame something you never thought you could. You taught me valuable lessons and vice versa. I'm so proud of you, and in the little time I've spent with you I see so much fire within you. I see nothing but greatness and I'm honored to make the following statement as well as present you with this honorary plaque of Patient Completion. Come on up sweetheart."

Everyone let out a round of applause as Mar sat there star struck. She placed her head in her hands while she sobbed uncontrollably.

To say I was proud was an understatement. I can see she's changed, she's so much happier. Even bein in a place like this she's never looked so fulfilled before and I know she went through hell and high waters to get where she's at now.

"Come on baby stop all'at cryin. You gon make a real nigga cry too." I joked as I wrapped my arm around her.

I started sniffing a little as I rubbed her back until she calmed herself down.

All this crying shit starting to rub off on a nigga like allergies. Everybody cryin up in this bitch.

She sniffed up the rest of her emotions as her mama handed her some tissue to wipe her face.

"Here babe." Yanna urged as she handed her a lil black circle thing.

"Gotta keep it cute." She warned whisking away a couple tears of her own.

Mar chuckled opening up the black contraption revealing some shit that looked like makeup. I shook my head cracking a smile as she applied whatever the fuck that was and stood up.

I watched proudly as she made her way to the center of the patio and embraced Dr. Mosley.

"This young woman right here has earned a special place in my heart. She's got big things going for her. I am honored to present this this award to Marli Rae for her patient completion at Oakland Hills Psychiatric Facility and I am also proud to announce that in this glorious New Year she is free to return to her loved ones."

I clapped along with everyone else, not even worried about the tears that slipped from my thug ass. My baby finally coming home.

Marli

I shook my head as I turned away from everyone and let my soul spill through my eyes.

I can't believe this. I'm finally going home.

Dr. Mosley pulled me in for a much needed hug as my emotions spilled all over her perfectly stitched blouse.

"Thank you. Thank you so much." I gushed.

"You make me proud out there. I don't ever want to see you in a place like this ever again you hear me?"

"Yes ma'am." I agreed trying to control myself.

To say I was happy was an understatement. I was proud, happy, ecstatic, hell all the above.
I was literally on cloud nine and to think I never thought all the shit I've been through was worth it. Well this moment right here trumps it all.

I lifted my head off of her shoulder and gave her one last embrace before accepting the award.

I looked at all the happy faces in the crowd and my eyes immediately landed on my angel.

With glossy eyes I watched as Mel stood beside Aug with a proud smile. He placed his hand upon his brothers shoulder and August reacted quickly glancing down.

I smiled as he furrowed his eyebrows at the unexplained feeling he was experiencing but he returned his attention towards me.

I continued to smile as Mel gave me an approving nod before waltzing his way over to my other angles Drew, Liz, and London. They all looked at me with so much pride and mouthed a sincere 'thank you' before they all walked off into the darkness of this glorious night.
----
Sorry for any mistakes