Chapter 1: Alone

The night was unusually cold and dark. The moon above gave no light and the stars were hidden behind frozen clouds. I shivered with cold and continued to walk down the dark alleyway. Tap, tap, tap, the sound of my footsteps were terribly loud in this silence.

 I put my arms around me to keep myself warm. Just then, a sudden gust of wind blew toward my direction and eventually knocking me down on the cold pavement. As I lay down on the pavement, I heard a distant sound of footsteps walking towards me.

 I try to get up but found out that I can’t. It seems like some kind of invisible force is pulling me down on the ground. Tap, tap, tap; the footsteps were getting louder. “Maybe whoever that is might be able to help me get up,” I thought. Tap, tap, tap; I could already see the silhouette of the person walking towards me. The tapping of the footsteps grew louder and louder until another sound filled the air.

 It was horrible. It sounds like nails scratching on a chalkboard, only it was ten times more horrible. The sound grew louder as the person came closer. I closed my eyes for a moment then the screeching sound suddenly stopped.

 My heart throbbed uncontrollably.

I shivered with fear in thinking what the sound might be.

“Found you,” a harsh voice whispered into my ear.

 I opened my eyes and saw a pair of sunken black eyes with flowing dark, greasy blood staring right at me and my soul.

I screamed but no sound came out from my mouth.

I tried to get up but the force pulling me down was stronger than before.

And that was all I could remember before I was engulfed in the darkness.