[POV]

You wake up, teary eyed and crying. You had just woken up from a nightmare, a pretty bad one in fact. One that reminded yourself of your past, where you were bullied, mocked and harassed for your dreams and goals of being a rock singer. It was a dark time full of depression, anxiety and stress relief in the forms of dark ways. It wasn't a fun time. Luckily now, life has changed, you're more happy and people actually respect you and your dreams. You're famous, along with your beautiful and kind girlfriend. She may be a bit odd sometimes, being foreign doesn't help her as she doesn't exactly understand your culture and she came along into your life accidentally with her own set of problems, but, one year later, you two are absolutely perfect together. You taught her everything you knew and now she fits in like a shape in its hole. She was your girlfriend, and a few months from now, she would be your wife.

You rise from your bed, glancing at your figure in the mirror next to your side. A small inkling girl looked back. She was skinny, not malnourished, but just skinny. You didn't really like to eat a lot. Her hair was made up of four short tentacles, coloured like vanilla ice cream with peach tips, that reached down to the bottom of your jaw. Her face was cute, with a small pointy nose, average sized mouth and two large pink eyes, which were usually hidden by gold contact lenses. After all, her eyesight was pretty bad. A black mask surrounded her eyes and connected them with a thick line that lay on her nasal bridge. She was wearing a black tank top and grey shorts for pyjamas. She could probably get away with wearing this outside for standard clothing but she chose to use this for pyjama wear as she found it more comfortable.

She was you.

You looked at yourself, your sniffly nose and watery eyes and realise that you're crying, something you rarely do. You tried to suck it up and hide the tears as to not let it get in the way of your pride and spunky tomboyish attitude, but it failed. You just can't stop crying for some reason. You feel cold and alone, it's breaking your heart. Looking down, you see your hands shaking, like you're afraid or something. You need help but, would that help ever come? Would you be alone again? Did your fiancé abandon you for someone else? Does anyone really understand you..?

Slowly, you sit down on the edge of the bed, reaching for a specific drawer. You're thinking patterns are delving deep into negative thoughts, and reaching for that drawer, you feel like you'd find an answer to your problems.

For you, you expect a knife.

But to your surprise, the drawer was empty. Which is odd, considering you have no idea when it was emptied or who emptied it. You start panicking, wondering if you're being messed with. Breaths start to rapidly increase in amount and decrease in density. The shaking in your hands extends to the rest of your body. Sweat gleamed on your forehead as nausea started forming. You try to search for something, anything to set yourself free, but your searches turn up fruitless.

Everything was pointless to you, so you thought it best to just curl up in a ball and let the freedom come to you. You are a mess, waiting to be free.

No-one was coming.

At least that's what you thought.

Within seconds of curling up, a massive thud of the door being slammed open arrived, making you jump. You heard a dainty voice and felt warm skin touch your cold exterior. Opening your eyes, you saw her. Your love.

She spoke to you, asking if you were ok. You could only reply back in sobs. In reply, she placed you back into that bed that made you weary, with one exception being that she had joined you. You were still curled up, but she was trying her hardest to loosen you. Her dark, elegant arms wrapped around you and filled you with the exact amount of warmth you wanted at the time. She pulled you in closer, plunging you into a world of softness and comfort that was her body. She was soft and squishy, which was perfect for cuddles and relaxation. Her everything shattered that cold and brokenness you had felt instantly. Her hands could be felt being run through your thick tentacles, you could even swear you felt a kiss of her caring lips grace your head.

Everything about her made you feel so right, it made you feel like you could keep going for longer. She wasn't the best that the world could offer you to stay, but by god did it feel like it. She was pure bliss.

You had a right to cry, not from upset now as there was no reason to be upset. You cried out of the sheer warmth and happiness she brought you, and how you couldn't be more thankful for her being here.

Alas, with the sheer softness and warmth she brought, one could only expect drowsiness to follow. Before you fell asleep back at the mercy of your brain's concoctions however, she told you one thing. One sentence that alone could drive you to continue living for an eternity. A sentence that pierced your mind of any lingering bad thoughts.

"Everything is going to be ok my dear. I won't let anything hurt you ever again."

With that, you fell back into the land of dreams again, only this time, the dreams were as soft as the one you loved herself.

Everything was going to be ok.