Chapter10- Through the Mirror

I jumped, instantly looking behind my back to asses all threats, my heart hammering terrified, threatening to go past my ribcage in any passing second. Honestly, I was so freaked out with all the new senses that my body was developing on its own so far, I felt like I got a whiplash from the speed that I moved.

I tried to locate the man who the voice belonged to, to even caught a glimpse of his existence, failing miserably I might add. I frantically made another turn around myself pushing all my extra senses to the maximum to possibly locate even the smell of the person that talked, with my eyes wide open, again not being able to understand anything.

The only things I could see were the never-ending carpets on the walls, the curtains of the four posted bed and the loaded bookcases and long full of strange objects desk on my right.  A low masculine evilly amused chuckle vibrated around the room, making my ears ring from the sound of it as I let a low threatening hiss escape my lips automatically.

So what? I am a new turned vampire after all, can you blame me? I have NO control whatsoever to my actions!

“Hmm… What is this I hear?” The voice –his voice- sounded again, this time more cautious, like he felt threatened by something, maybe me.

“Where the fuck are you?” I hollered, not recognizing the sound of my own voice which sounded like a full hiss?

“Oh! A feisty one!” He chuckled again. “About time! Things were getting really boring with only Zenia around!”

He said casually, leaving me empty of all thoughts and in terrible need to stuff some blood into my system from all this creepiness. WAIT! Did I say blood? Oh GOD! Things are starting to get really reaaally wrong and disgusting. But truth be told I really felt the need of it right now, because of all this anger and terror through my system I need something to make me relax and that something was food, now what food would it be, I did not really want to find out.

“Where the hell are you?” I repeated my thoughts while my body had gone into a defensive stand of each own accord.

He chuckled maliciously once more, a laugh that turned into a straggling cough because he obviously drowned with his own saliva.

“Pff … And to think I was afraid of that…” I muttered dryly under my breath. “Now can I know where you are?”

“Yes, child.” He answered once he managed to find his breathing, his voice sounded hoarse and high pitched for once. “Come closer…”

“Where is closer?” I mocked getting ready to scream again.

“To the desk of course!” He replied slowly like he was talking to a two year old.

I raised my eyebrow, completely and utterly baffled and a little more confused.

“What do you mean the desk?”

“Just get closer and let us be done with it already!” He groaned irritated.

“Okaaay” I said, you want irritated I will show you irritated, you... you voice.

I took a careful step closer to the old wooden desk, feeling like crazy for listening to a “voice” I could not locate. My eyes roamed the furniture, searching around me and under it in case I could see someone hiding there, but to no avail.

None else was in the room and quite frankly I had already started questioning my sanity after biting my grandma and all that. As a last resort I made an effort to look on the desk, trying to memorize every little detail of books and tools scattered above it.