Chapter 10

LIZZY POV

_______________________

"Would you stop doing that?" I mumble to Michael.

"What?" Michael asked me.

"I don't know... touching me," I say.

Michael was taking me home because he stepped on my glasses. And the way he was touching me made me feel embarrassed. His fingers on my legs felt soft but awkward. And people in the street were looking at us. I want him to keep touching me like that, but I also didn't.

Michael blew one of my blonde curls out of his face.

"You're more heavier then you look you know?" Michael said.

"Stop being so mean." I pout.

I hear a small laugh escape Michael.

It was silent for a while and then Michael started to hum. Then his hum turned into signing.

"Sh. Your singing sucks." I joke.

Honestly, I loved his singing. It was so soothing. And I didn't want him to stop. And like he read my mind, he didn't stop.

"Its like we're total strangers, yet I trust you so much." I whispered so suddenly I was surprised.

Michael almost tripped on the curb.

"You can't trust me, I'm a gangster!"

"Its too late! Im sinking into your trust spell." I joke.

Michael shoots me a look but I just smile at him.

I really liked being this close to Michael. I felt so safe in his arms.

How far was my house?

I couldn't help it, I fell asleep on Michael's shoulder.

___________________________

Waking up on a brick wall isn't the best way to start an afternoon.

"Michael?" I moan trying to sit up properly.

But I see a blurry Michael on top of a guy. Michael was punching him. The man kept screaming mercy but Michael kept punching.

My eyes watered. This was the most horrid thing I ever saw. I felt bile coming up. I ran to Michael screaming.

"MICHAEL! STOP! PLEASE!" I shout at him.

He won't listen and I start to panic. I touch his arm but he doesn't stop. He just brushes me off.

I have no choice, the guy is dying.

I run and grab an object I can't see probably a wooden board and I slam it against Michael's head.

"I SAID STOP, JESUS!" I say hitting his head with a lot of strength.

Michael falls to the ground and his eyes are closed. The man staggers away crying for his mommy.

I fall on my knees next to him and I touch his face. He doesn't stir. I press my hand on his chest and he is still breathing. Thank god.

I squint at his peaceful face and my eyes look to his lips. I couldn't help myself, and right then, I wasn't even thinking. I reach my head to his lips and I press mine on his. his lips. They are not as soft as I expected them to be but they fit perfectly on mine.

Then his eyes fluttered open. The fire wasn't in his eyes this time, he just looked confused.

I throw my head up and I awkwardly look the other way.

"Elizabeth?" Michael called my name.

I knew I was red in the face and I was embarrassed.

I turned my head slightly.

"Why did you hurt that poor man?" I ask.

"He was trying to rob us and I couldn't let that happen. He needed to be put in his place." Michael said.

"But thats not the point." He whispered.

"Lizzy." Michael says more softer.

I turn my head to look at him.

He looked beautiful, even though I could barely see him.

"I-" I try to say.

"I wanna kiss you again." Michael says.

He grabbed me and kissed me. He was blushing too. We kissed and he stopped.

Michael had this hungry look in his eyes and I knew he wanted me just as much as I wanted him at this moment.

I moved in closer for then kiss. I wanted him to kiss me again.

"Elizabeth, I love you." Michael says seriously to me.

"Michael... It's Liz." I say quietly. He loved me. I touch his cheek and he rests against it.

"I love you so much already, I want to be near you all the time." Michael says.

I cuddle into him and I sigh, feeling the cold concrete floor on my legs.

Michael started to play with my curls.

"I'm still wondering how you tame this beast you call your hair." Michael says.

I roll my eyes and I smell his strong lemon scent.

I wanted to feel his lips on mine again. I turned around to kiss him again, but he was looking away. I rubbed my fingers on his cheek and he looked back at me.

"It's funny how on the same day, I find out my dad died, yet, I fall in love." He says.

I gave him a sympathetic look.

"Could you tell me about it?" I ask.

His phone starts to beep. He looks at it and looks back at me with a disappointed look.

"Boss wants me. I could tell you about it later." He said standing up.

"Bu-"

"I love you." He said.

He bend down to me and kissed me. I kissed him back.

"I love you too." I say after the kiss. But he can't hear me because he is already off.