I.

"Anything yet?"
Lamar shook his head.
"Nah" he replied.
      Some of his family members shook their heads. It was nearly halfway through the first round, and Lamar had not gotten a call yet. I tried my best to stay positive. Lamar had been waiting to be drafted for what seemed like forever. I know he was feeling depleted seeing many of his peers go before him.
      "We're still cheering for you daddy. You got this." He smiled, finally feeling a little more confident. "I love you, girl" he grinned. "I love you more, Lamar." "How is my baby?" I showed him Layla who was sleeping next to me. "She's fine, and feeling a little better." I knew he was worried. Just days ago, she had come down with a light fever before he was set to leave, and he was two seconds away from throwing out his plane ticket. She was definitely a Daddy's girl. Her father was wrapped around her little finger.
"Kiss her for me. I'll be here still" he added. "Your time is sooner than you think, baby." I heard voices in the background. "I gotta go" he said. "Ok." He gave me a small smile before he hung up. "What did he say?" Lamar's aunt asked. "He still hadn't gotten a call yet." "They're sleeping on him" another family member added. Pick after pick, continued to be called. And I began to get antsy as the first round began to draw to a close. Lamar could not be going in the second round. He had accomplished too much.
      Commissioner, Roger Godell, stepped in front of the podium. "In the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select a trade out. The Eagles trade their 32nd pick to the Baltimore Ravens. With the 32nd pick in the NFL draft, the Ravens select Lamar Jackson, quarterback from Louisville." Everyone screamed, jumping up and down with excitement. I couldn't hold back on a wide smile either. Baltimore it is. Layla crawled into my arms, shaken from the loud yelling. I rubbed her back.
      "I'm so proud of your daddy."

A/N: So you guys all know that I'm a Ravens fan, so of course I'm going to spend my winter break writing a Lamar Jackson fanfiction.
First LJ fanfic on the World Wide Web! Also, the description might be changing as well, I just needed to get a chapter up here before bedtime! #BigTruss