Better Than Words (Chanyeol/Baekhyun)

"chanhye," baekhee whispers during math that morning. "can i borrow your notes later? i have to study for the test." she twirls a lock of hair, waiting for the other's answer.

i have to study for the test too, since we're in the same class, duh, chanhye wants to say, but she doesn't want to scare away baekhee, nope, not when she just talked to her now. but she puts on a friendly smile, sweeps her (newly-dyed) red hair to the right and answers, "i have to study too, but we can study together, if you want." baekhee's face brightens, and she nods.

"okay, my dorm room after classes?" chanhye offers, eyes still fixed on her math notebook, careful not to let their teacher catch them. the last time mr. kim caught someone whispering in class, he had them stay in for the whole day, doing nothing but math exercises. the student who got caught didn’t look like he mind, though, since they were in the advanced class.

baekhee nods, all too quickly. "i'll see you then!"

after the subject, all the students file out of the room. jungda was leaning against the lockers outside the class, waiting for chanhye so they could go to the cafeteria.

"see you at 5, chanhye!" baekhee all but calls, when she spots chanhye walking down the hall, arm in arm with jungda.

"can't wait!" chanhye smiles at her, and continues to walk as if nothing happened.

"wow, she's talking to you now?" gapes jungda, "i thought you said she doesn't like you." they stop by her locker, and she puts in her combination.

chanhye grins. "she wants to study together for the test."

"ever since you got your hair dyed, people have been seriously flocking to you," her friend says and takes her purple binder. "told you red suits you." jungda has this 'i-told-you-so' look on her face.

"you're right," agrees chanhye. "i do look nice." she extends her arm and jungda loops hers through it. "all you need is a boyfriend--"

"jungda." chanhye sighs. "i do not need a boyfriend right now. i'm in advanced classes and i have too much extracurriculars on my hands. how else is a boyfriend going to fit in my schedule?"

jungda pouts.

"also, stop meddling with my love life. what happened to that junmyeon guy you're seeing?" they push through the metal doors together, and drop their bags to the first empty table they see.

jungda pouts, again. "he's so pure!" she whines, "i keep on hinting that i want more than kisses and all the hand-holding. i think i'm losing my touch."

chanhye brings out her wallet and stands up. "i think you're just horny." she replies.

with her red hair up in a bun, thick square frames perched on her nose, and pajamas, chanhye was ready for battle. when someone knocks on her door, she jumps off her bed and answers the door.

"baekhee, hi."

"hey, chanhye. sorry i was late."

"it's okay. come in," she smiles warmly and lets baekhee inside their messy dorm room. "this place is a mess, i'm sorry."

baekhee toes off her boots--boots--and sits down on the floor. "it's okay. i bet my room is messier." she teases, and brings out her notebook.

chanhye furrows her brows. wait, why does baekhee have a notebook? didn’t she want to borrow mine and--

"i hope you don't mind," baekhee goes on and unzips her parka. chanhye tries hard not to stare.

'i'm straight, i'm straight,' she chants in her head, and sits on the floor as well. "so, where do you have trouble with--"