Chapter 1

Alex groaned in frustrated resignation. He couldn't believe the horrid time he was having and it had all started with one stupid, miniscule, misplaced word. Well, he pondered silently, his week had really been influenced negatively by the words he'd exchanged with Angel. Totally ironic and maybe a mere coincidence that her name happened to be Angel seeing as she behaved so much like a devil as far as he was concerned.

It had begun when she'd asked the forbidden question. Now, in all cases where this seemingly innocent question had been asked, the male character would never give a straight answer to it. Ever. That would lead to the immediate death of the relationship. However, me being the idiot that i was, I answered.

 It started like this: Angel and i had been going out for a month when we decided to move  in with each other, so we found a one bedroom apartment in an upper crust neighborhood. That occured two weeks before. I'd been having a good ol' time with my live in girlfriend  because food was steaming hot on the stove when I arrived at the apartment . This reflected on my performance at work when I carried a perpetual grin on my face, and my bosses felt I'd be the perfect Chief manager with my natural bouts of charisma although most of the time I could never imagine a cool catch phrase to hook my clients to save my life. They decided to hand me the job of watching over my coworkers to make sure they were catching their clients.That night, I'd made mention of the promotion to Angel and she squealed, squeezing the life out of me in a emotional embrace. I'd noted more than once that although I adored her, it felt more like how i'd deal with my sisters. As if at those moments something was missing,but i usually buried the thought  and forgot it. Angel suggested we leave to celebrate, and I agreed.

 So there I was, cleanly decked out in my best Armani suit with my lengthy honey brown hair slicked back kind of like how they did it in GREASE, the first one not the second. The hair fell in sleek waves, my bangs, for once, were behaving commendibly and caressed the sides of my face. I turned when Angel's light and airy voice called out,

" Alex, can you zip up my dress?" she glanced back at me teasingly over her shoulder, and I grinned down at her, moving silently to do as she'd bid of me openly checking her out. Angel shocked me all over again, my angel was a beauty. Not model beauty cause that type of girl, if that's what they called themselves, would definitely be too stuck up and slutty for me. No, my angel posessed a homely beauty that has you thinking of rocking chairs on a white porch with you and her contentedly watching your grandchildren run amock while your kids tried to wrestle them into submission.

 Shapely curves filled the burgundy wrap-around dress in all the right places. Her heart-shaped face was framed by cascading strawberry blonde curls that fell to her shoulders in an appealing wave, accenting the sparkles in her hazel brown and green eyes. Eyes shifting down , I note the small cute as a button nose and her pink lips where the upper hung over the lower. She also stood shorter than me, which was a bonus, although I wouldn't say my mere five feet seven was brag worthy.

Anywho, I zipped her dress and smiled down affectionately at her while plaoing my hands on her shoulders lightly. Angel was looking into the full length mirror that stood in the far corner of the room. The form-fitting dress really did compliment her body, I thought. 

 A cute frown appeared on her brow, and then she popped the question that changed the course of the evening.