Vampire Wars: Revelation

PREFACE

            When I turned eighteen my life started to change. I was no longer the weak girl who cannot do anything without someone's help but a girl who was strong enough to face all the challenges just to protect the human world and the vampire world from Vincent.

At first, I was very happy because I found out that I have magical powers and that my blood could save the human world and the vampire world from destruction. But then they told me that I was not allowed to use my magical powers. They also told me that my blood could not only bring peace but could also bring destruction to the two worlds.

And to make things worse, I fell in love with the vampire who was assigned to protect me from other vampires. I fell in love with the vampire who still cannot get over with Ania - his first love.

CHAPTER 1

THIEF

            I was busy staring at the moving cars just near me.

I had never been inside a moving car before because Sr. Shanti never allowed me to leave the orphanage. I wanted to go to different places here in Phillox... like the Holy Trinity Church and the Angel's Park that my friends told me had a gigantic fountain at the center.

How I wish I could go out of this place and explore the world. Go to different places and meet new people. No restrictions.  

"Iana Viles!" someone called in an aggravated tone. "I told you before that climbing that old oak tree is very dangerous!"

"Sr. Shanti, I have been climbing this tree for almost thirteen years. There is no danger in climbing this tree."

Sr. Shanti never changed. Since I was a little girl, she was always worried that I get hurt. I know that she was only concerned, but she was so strict! The other children were afraid of her though she does not look bad. In fact, she had a very beautiful face: green eyes, pointed nose, thin red lips and creamy skin.   

"You might fall!"

"This tree is not that tall..."

"You might get hurt!"

I raised both my hands up as if to surrender myself to a police. "I will be okay. Stop freaking out!"

She exhaled heavily and leaned on the tree. "Why do you always climb this old oak tree, Iana? What’s with this tree?"

She still won't understand me if I explained to her why so I just remained silent and continued in surveying the surroundings outside the boundary of the orphanage though I already know what I would see. I had memorized all the things around the orphanage by heart. The houses, animals, the cars… everything!

Then a man caught my attention. He was standing beside an old post and was wearing long black cloak. He was looking at my direction with a still expression. I know I had a good vision, but to see his piercing blue eyes though he was almost a hundred meters away from me was still a bit confusing.

We stared at each other for a couple of seconds. I could see pain and anger in his eyes. I tried to open my mouth to say something but no sound came out. His gaze held me in place. the way he looked at me made the hair at the back of my neck stand.

"Iana, are you okay?"

He looked away and I looked down at Sr. Shanti who was staring at me worriedly. I do not know why but he was always worried about me. She was also very protective. She was so protective that she never allowed me to leave the orphanage.

"Yeah," I answered. I looked back at the old post but he was gone. I searched for him but he was nowhere to find.

"What are you looking for?" she asked more worriedly.