What I am trying to prove

It was a half hour later that Deceit appeared in the Light Sides living room, where the four sides were watching The Nightmare Before Christmas. Virgil was sitting on the floor, Roman and Patton were sitting on the sofa and Logan was sitting in an armchair next to the sofa.

"Have you seen Virgil? He is gone for quite a while now and isn't answering any of our-", that's when Deceit spottet Virgil.
"Virgil!", the snake ran of to the boy that was now standing up.

"Hey Dee, uh, sorry, I kinda forgot..."
Deceit checked the boy for any injuries, making sure that he doesn't show the bandages.
"It's quite alright Virgil. We were just worried. I'm gonna call Remus and tell him that I found you"

And that's when Remus appeared.
"I can't find- Oh"
Virgil waved shyly at the newcomer and smiled slightly. "Sorry... I forgot the time. Do you want to finish the rest of the movie?"
Deceit and Remus looked at the TV. There's no way they could leave at Virgil's favourite part in his favourite movie.
"Sure"

The three boys sat back down in front of the couch. Virgil in the middle and Remus and Deceit to his left and right.
The two were glad that Virgil and the light sides seemed to be finally friends. But even though, they were afraid that Vigil would leave them again.

And after a while, the movie ended. The trio stood back up and Virgil said his goodbyes. Of course it took the longest with Patton.

"I'll miss you Virgil! Please visit us some time! And don't go out when it's raining without an umbrella again, you'll get a cold!"
Virgil simply smiled at this behaviour and assured Patton that he will take care of that.
"And if he doesn't, than I will", Deceit said much to Pattons relief. Nothing against Virgil, but Patton knew that the boy hardly takes care of himself so it was good to know that someone else does it.

"We apologised. You said you'd forgive us. Why are you still going with them? What are you trying to prove?", Roman asked, much to everyone's surprise.

"What I am trying to prove?", Virgil asked slightly confused. Roman nodded.
"What I am trying to prove is, that Thomas needs all six of us."
Everyone looked at Virgil. Well, that wasn't really expected.
"Care to elaborate?", Logan asked, curious about Virgil's arguments.

"Y-you See..." Virgil clearly didn't like this much attention.
"We three care as much about Thomas as you do"
Roman opened his mouth but Virgil quickly kept talking.
"Deceit only wants to help Thomas. Because lying can be good and is sometimes necessary or inevitable. For example, surprises or when a friend is wearing something that they absolutely love and feel confident in but you personally don't like it, than you still say that it looks good! Same when someone does something they're proud of and the list goes on and on. Heck, the government is probably the best example!"
Deceit smiled at Virgil.

"Or Remus!" Now Virgil looked directly at Roman.
"All he tries to do is to give Thomas ideas and brainstorms just like you do. It's not his fault that he's the "bad" creativity. He's simply doing his job like everyone else. And I..."

Virgils self esteem quickly disappeared and he looked to the ground. That was, until two hand were placed on his shoulders.
The boy looked up, just to see Remus hand on his left and Deceits Hand on his right shoulder.

"And Virgil is simply trying to protect Thomas. He is considering every possibility to find the best way possible for the most safety and success.", Deceit said smiling.

The Light Sides looked at each other and then back to the Dark Sides.