Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Alexia let out a long, wide yawn.  She slowly got up and looked around, feeling like she had slept for days.  It took her a while to remember what happened before, but when she did, she felt the dried blood completely covering her arm.  She got up and swayed a little bit, probably from blood loss.  Too bad the scientists probably didn’t care about that, just as long as she didn’t actually pass out, they might get a little bit upset about that.  After managing to steady herself, she found herself some clothes.  She picked out a tight-fitting blue tee-shirt and some light colored blue jeans.  After grabbing her underwear, she stepped in the shower, being very careful of her still tender wound.

About 30 minutes later, Alexia was drying her hair when she suddenly gasped and put a hand to her head from pain.  She felt like her head was splitting open the headache was so bad .Colors swirled before her eyes, and she felt herself sway like she was going to fall.  The last thing she thought of before the colors around her started mixing into a huge swirl was that she thought it was very pretty.

---------

Alexia was back in the main room with all of the other kids. The white coat freaks were saying something about a new subject.  Alexia didn't really understand what they were saying, she wasn’t sure if she cared at that moment anyway.  She was too busy looking at an exact  replica of herself sitting next to the others on the couch.  ‘That can’t be a replica, that’s me!’ Alexia thought to herself.  That's when she realized that the whole thing must have been a dream. After she decided that’s what was going on, she finally tuned her mind back into what the scientists were saying.

"This is the newest test subject.  His room is on the other side of yours Alexia.  Make him feel as at home as you horrible children can.  Okay?  Oh, by the way, his name is Damon."  The head-white coat herself Ms. Jomen said.  Alexia knew she wasn't a Mrs. because there was no way anyone would want to marry anyone like her.  She was too much of a, well; Alexia wasn’t allowed to say what she was. But either way, she wasn’t a very nice person and there was no way that anyone would want to marry her, or even date her for that matter.

Next to Jomen stood a tall boy who looked to be about her and Cheater's age. He had blondish brown hair in the current long style and light brown eyes that shined.  Alexia thought that he had a smile that could possibly light up the sun.  Cheater was the caring one, so he introduced everyone.

As Cheater said Alexia's name, her replica smiled and Alexia saw the colors around her swirl again.  This time she knew that she was going to be back in her room when it was over, so it didn't scare her as much.  ‘It’s still the weirdest feeling possible though, but thank goodness it didn’t hurt as much this time.’ Alexia thought to herself as she drifted back into the colors.

---------

Alexia opened her eyes to find herself sitting on the floor of her room with one hand still on her head.  It didn't really hurt as much as the first time, it was more of a strange feeling that she couldn’t describe.  She sighed when her stomach started grumbling loudly, bringing huger pains with it.  It looked like she was going to have to think about this later, food was calling out to her instead.  She just couldn't seem to put the food on hold!

She grumpily went into the kitchen, still sleepy.  Between being tired and all of the other things that were going on, she just felt like she wanted to go back to bed. She sadly knew that she couldn’t though.  Rummaging in the fridge, Alexia pulled out some microwavable French fries and popped them in.  ‘Breakfast doesn't have to consist of breakfast food!’  Alexia thought with a small grin.

After her meal, Alexia thought that it would be best to talk to Cheater about her newest abnormality.  Yeah, that thing with the swirly colors is definitely not normal, if it was, she was a monkey’s uncle.  She walked out the door to her apartment just to run into Cheater's chest.