Chapter 15: Stay With Me

That night, while everyone was asleep, I walked out towards the entrance of the mountain to see Bilbo walking out. I furrowed my brows. "Bilbo, what are you doing?"

He froze at my words and when he was able to speak, he stumbled over his words. "I...well, I-I was uh...going for a walk."

"Bilbo, it's all right. I know you have the Arkenstone. And I believe it's best to get that jewel out of here." I advised.

Bilbo let out a relieved sigh. Together we then head to the ruined city of Dale where they find Thranduil, Gandalf, and Bard in a tent. We rushed towards Dale where the elf army and people of Lake-Town were. I saw a tent in the middle of the town. Because of my speed, I approached the tent first before Bilbo. I heard Gandalf's voice. "You must set aside your petty grievances with the Dwarves. War is coming. The cesspits of Dol Guldur have been emptied. You're all in mortal danger."

"What are you talking about?" Bard asked.

My breath hitched as soon as I heard his voice. What was going on with me? Was I developing feelings for this man? My thoughts were interrupted as soon as I heard my uncle's voice.

"I can see you know nothing of wizards. They are like winter thunder on a wild wind, rolling in from a distance breaking hard in alarm. But sometimes a storm is just a storm." Thranduil retorted.

"Not this time. Armies of orcs are on the move. These are fighters, they have been bred for war. Our enemy has summoned his full strength." Gandalf protested.

"Why show his hand now?" Thranduil asked.

"Because we forced him. We forced him when the company of Thorin Oakenshield set out to reclaim their homeland. The dwarves were never meant to reach Erebor, Azog the Defiler was sent to kill them." Gandalf explained. "His master seeks control of the Mountain, not just for the treasure within, but for where it lies, its strategic position. This is the gateway to reclaiming the lands of Angmar in the North. If that fell Kingdom should rise again Rivendell, Lórien, the Shire even Gondor itself will fall."

"These orc armies you speak of, Mithrandir, where are they?" Thranduil inquired.

"They're on their way here. And it's not just orcs. I've seen warriors with red blades among them." Gandalf mentioned.

My eyes widened. I knew it. Dooku was here. It must be Dooku and his group of Dark Acolytes. Thranduil scoffed. "This must be a joke."

Wishing to help Gandalf, I burst in with guards beside me at once. The guards had spears pointed at me. As soon as I entered, Thranduil, Bard, and Gandalf all turned to look at me. The three of them were baffled to see me.

"Miona!" Gandalf exclaimed.

Bard's eyes lit up. "Miona."

"Those people that Gandalf mentioned are no joke." I said, defending Gandalf. "These are Sith. Dooku must be leading them. He must've formed an alliance with the orcs to conquer this planet, which they will succeed if you don't heed Gandalf's warnings."

"Forgive us, your majesty. This woman slipped past us." One of the guards mentioned.

"I am not just any woman. I am Nídhdess, niece of the King Thranduil." I corrected.

The guards grew pale at my words. I noticed a smirk on Thranduil's face. He raised a hand as he spoke. "It's all right. My niece may remain."

"Thank you, uncle. Where's my father?" I inquired.

"He remained in Mirkwood. Your father's in charge of the kingdom while I'm gone." Thranduil explained. "Now Mithrandir...these warriors that you mentioned..."