Kiss Me, I'm Irish- Ch. 6

Hi babes.

Out of all the chapters I've ever written, this one took the longest, by far. I hope you enjoy. As always, leave some lovely comments/fan/votes.

Peace out girl scout. xx

------------------------------------

I hurriedly walked into the nursery room I taught in, paying special attention not to spill coffee on my blouse. I had five minutes until the first kids arrived, and I needed to make sure all of my stuff was put away.

I threw all my belongings under the desk, leaving my purse and jacket in a clutter on the floor. I was just about to go throw my lunch in the fridge when I noticed an unusual flash of color on my otherwise all-white desk.

There was a single rose, with a piece of paper attached to it. Curiosity got the best of me as I unfolded the single sheet of paper, which was folded into thirds. I carefully opened it, confused. In the center of the paper, was a number and word. It wasn't much, but it was enough to make me smile and bring tears to my eyes.

11 days.

The sweetness behind the note made me smile through the growing lump in my throat. I couldn't believe he would do something like this. It reminded me how close I was to being able to feel his arms around me.

I snapped a quick picture of the letter and rose on my phone before gently placing the flower into a cup of water that I filled from the sink.

I sent a quick message to Niall, expressing my excitement.

I can't wait to see you babe. Counting down the days. :)

~~~~1 Day Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"56th and Bouille please."

The driver nodded as the taxi started down the busy street. I couldn't wait to get home and change into sweatpants. It had been such a long day. Thankfully, it was enough to keep my mind off of missing Niall. I stared out the window, allowing my mind to wander. Allowing it to wander to his laugh; Allowing it to wander to the way his arms felt when he held my body; Allowing it to wander to the way it felt when his soft lips were placed on mine, melting as one....

Bzzt. Bzzt.

My vibrating phone snapped me out of my day dreams. It was a text from Angel.

Hey, could you please swing by the bakery on your way home? Thanks. x

I sighed. All I wanted to do was to go home and change into something comfy.

"Driver, change of plans. Drop me off at 56th and Warne please."

He looked over his shoulder in irritation.

"That's a block extra, you realize that, right?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah I do, thanks. I don't see why you're complaining when you're making more of a profit. Just do your job and drive, thanks."

He mumbled something under his breath before slamming onto the gas pedal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ding dong

The sweet smell of the bakery enveloped me as I walked through the door. The display counter was stocked full of sugary donuts, soft cookies, and fancy cakes. It took all my self control not to buy a dozen donuts to take home and devour myself.

"Hey Sarah! How are you doing today? You look great, as usual."

I smiled at the over-excitable cashier, Matthew. He continued to think he had a chance with me AND Angel because he was "almost" legal. As usual, I humored him as his eager, puppy dog eyes stared back into mine.