Dreams

When I fell asleep I felt as if I hadnt been to sleep in ages. I just felt like I was glued to the bed.

I opened my eyes and I saw a man with black hair and a blue hat on with the letters LA on it and two other guys but They looked a little off in the distance so I couldnt really see them well. The man said to me " listen kid, your making a mistake, those kids out there are your friends, you cant turn on them, they can't win that game without you and you know it." "Now go back out there and win that game, not just for yourself but for the team." The other man walked behind the LA man and I got a good look at them. One was tall and blonde and he had a red cape looking thing hanging out of his pocket. The other man was wearing a dodgers uniform and he had brownish black hair. " he's right Dylan you need to help your team." The other guys said. " who are you guys"? I said. " Im benny this is david and this is tommy" the LA boy said. "We used to play on a feild like that one but unfortunately nobody ever played on that feild after we left and well it got bulldozed." " We saved our sandlot for all these years." " now its time for you to save yours." The men said to me. " wait how do I do it"?!

I said. " thats for you to find out"! They answered as they drifted away...

I woke up. I ate breakfast. I ran to find the sandlot. I ran past the robins bikes as I thought, man the game has already started. I ran back to their bikes.

"Man guys we suck without centerfeild"! Said mitch. " I mean how many points are they ahead of us"?! "Huh"?! Mitch was mad that he was going to loose the the most idiotic kids in our neighborhood. But He decided it was better to go down fighting. So he motioned for his team to take their positions on the feild. It was the other teams turn to bat. Ears threw the first pitch. Bam! It wissed and went past the foul line. Ears was nervous. He still carried on. He threw the second pitch. And it was as if it was slow motion ears closed his eyes and the sound of the bat to the ball was like a horror movie. The ball shot past the infeild and WHOPP! It was caught! Mitch and the others look to see dylan in centerfeild raising his glove in the air revealing the ball. His team cheered. Mitch smiled under his hat as he said "Ok guys lets play some ball"!

Thanks to dylan filling in the centerfeild they quickly got the other two outs. It was the sandlots turn to bat. Ears made it to Second. Jim hit him in to third. As marley knocked them both home.

The score was 12- 8 the robins were still up by 4 runs. Brian bunted and got to first. Mitch knocked brian to 3rd and mitch got stuck on 1st. Chris struck out. He went to turn around to go to his seat in his dugout when he heard " HE MISSED THE BALL RUN"! Chris ran toward 1st as mitch hit second and brian was on third. It was justins turn. The team encouraged him. He looked back to dylan in the dugout. Dylan nodded to him. As he mouthed the words, you got this. Justin faced the pitcher. The first pitch was thrown. STRIKE! Justin lost his hope. He gulped. STRIKE 2! " justin!" Said dylan. " you can do this just keep you eyes on the ball." The 3rd pitch was thrown. BAM! it shot past the infeild and over the fence. Mitch screamed. "YEAH JUSTIN"! they all crossed the plate and lifted justin up. As they screamed. Mitch said. "Ok guys if we get this last run then we win and the sandlot stays ours forever"!

Dylan was up to bat. The first pitch. FOUL! " darn it" dylan Mumbled. The second pitch was thrown. STRIKE! Kyle looked at dylan from second base. " your outta here punk"! He said. Then it was slow motion again. Dylan looked around and took one last look at his team before his last chance to save the sandlot was over.

They all looked happy. Mitch stood behind them worried. Dylan looked back at the feild and saw benny david and tommy again. This time they were chanting his name. Benny looked at dylan and said. " DO IT FOR THE SANDLOT KID! REMEMBER YOUR NEVER ALONE WE ARE WITH YOU"! The third pitch was thrown. Dylan closed his eyes for what seemed like eternity. Then BAM! The ball soared in the air. The cover ripped off and hit kyle in the face. The ball hit the drug store behind the sandlot. The sandlot gang ran in and screamed. " THE SANDLOT IS SAVED"!

Kyle threw his hat on the ground and stomped it. The robins stormed off the feild. Mitch thanked dylan for coming back to the team. And he said. "Man I wish I could punch that jerk kyle again". "No theres no need to " dylan said. "Why not"? Mitch asked. "Watch" dylan answerd as the robins fell off their bikes cussing because they had gum and their hands and feet. The sandlot gang laughed. Dylan looked into the sky as he saw benny say, " you did it kid."