Prologue

Being Myself

Prologue/Description

Evelyn Marie is the girl everyone bullies; she's been told she was fat, stupid, and ugly. Even the bad boy, Alec Ryder, whom she's been in love with forever, tells her she's ugly. She can't take it anymore, so she gets a makeover. That catches everyone's attention...

But his.

So how exactly did she manage to do it, to get his attention?

By being herself.

Prologue or sneak peak:

"What is wrong with you?" I ask my eleven year old sister. "Are your retarded, or are you retarded?" I continue rhetorically.

"What?" She batted her long eyelashes innocently knowing mom and dad were listening in on our conversation.

"I know you were messing in my makeup, there are eye shadow smudges on my walls, and lipstick on the headboard of my bed!" I shout getting angrier every second she continued to live.

"I wasn't doing such a thing."

I gripped a handful of her hair and yanked.

"Mommy, Daddy! Evelyn is hurting me!" she screamed at the top of her lungs, with fake tears filling her eyes and coming out like a waterfall.

Mom and Dad rushed into the room with angry faces, mom looked like a red balloon waiting to be popped, and when she saw my sisters face; I knew I was about to be popped.

"Damn it." I whispered to myself.