Chapter 2: Oh Killian

Valdus's POV:

"She's not dead, she can't be. I know Anne, she wouldn't just die." I retaliated, watching Lana's now bandaged stomach as she carefully ran a hand over my arm.

She shook her head, "We didn't see her. Anywhere. The other girls have the rest of the human survivors. We'll need to head back and find a way-" to hell with that!

I moved away from her and grabbed my bag, putting a few guns inside and a first aid kit, incase she's hurt.

A sweater, she might need a sweater, or a jacket, incase it's cold. She'll need to be warm, and food, she needs food. Candy. I'll get her some candy.

Running around the apartment, I began filling the bag and turned around, watching Dad as he stopped me and stared at my face, "I'm not losing you again. She's gone Val, it's time to come home." He said and just like that, the weight of every heart ache hit.

I loved Anne, I loved her so much.

Nevana's POV

It tore at me, to see them sob for my beautiful, precious Annalise. All I could think about was Jolene, Thomas, Michael...my dear sweet nephew will not be okay.

I fear for the world now, I truly do. Valdus fell apart in a single moment, with his dad telling him he should let go, he was distraught.

Valdus fell to his knees and dropped down to his hands. He was clearly not okay, and Viktor-who clearly has never comforted his son, stood there lost about what to do.

Lana walked over and knelt down, pulling Valdus into a hug. She always knew what to do, always.

He hugged her back and as he cried and held her, Vydia was crying in Dayna's arms.

An hour later, they all fell asleep, I gave Lana Anne's blood and watched her heal in bed. Valdus was asleep and Viktor placed him in the bed beside her when she told him he needed to rest properly.

Vydia was asleep on the couch and Dayna was asleep sitting up with Vydia's head in her lap.

Going outside the apartment, I shut the door behind me and held my face in my hands.

God give me the strength.

I'm so scared to return home, to give them the news. To watch them all fall apart and know that I can't-Oh Killian.

He's lost Kilana once, this is going to ruin him.

"Nevie." Viktor said softly as he shut the door behind him. I felt my body shake, my heart was stumbling all over the place in pain and sadness.

I turned to Viktor and he held his arms out pulling me into a hug. I held him as if the world was crumbling beneath me and he was the only support I had to keep me standing.

"I failed them all." I admitted sobbing into his shoulder.

His hands wound around me and he shook his head, "You did the best you could. Fate is fate Nevie, it'll always surpass our attempts, no matter how badly we wish it wouldn't." He said softly before pulling back and staring down at my face.

He wiped my tears with one hand and then ran a finger over the tears collected on the underneath of my chin. "I forgot how beautiful you look when you cry." He stated more to himself.

I looked up at his handsome face, wondering how I could ever let a man like him slip away, all because of my family, their strictness and hatred of humans. I didn't even get a chance to love him, I watched Killian get his moment with Melissa, but I never got mine.