Chapter 7

Their Cabin

As Dan, Cam, Jordan and I followed Electra out through the only cavern exit, we came out into another forest, but this one was controlled: the trees where, well, watered and the ground was a lush meadow green. As we came into a clearing there were twelve log cabins scattered around a lake, with enough room to fit about ten-twenty children in them.

They all had the wired symbols on the doors, there were different cabins, some with fire on them, some with blue, and others shined in the sun, but one court my eye - it was white, and a meter of snow surrounded it. It looked like nobody had been in there, for, well never.

"These are the claimed children's cabins, their cabin looks like whoever their parents are." Electra explained. "Now, let's show you where you guys are staying, follow me." she said, and continued walking.

We pass kids fighting with swords and knifes, even some with staffs and bows, when we finally see a building next to the lake.

When I walked in with the others, it was full of bunk beds and a bathroom, and had a staircase leading up to the girl's dorms. Some boys came and introduced themselves to Dan and Cam, while Electra led Jordan and I up to the girls dorm. There were more bunk beds, with girls giggling and gossiping about boys.

'Yuck.' Lola gagged. I laughed in my mind and agreed.

----------------------------------------------------------------

When Jordan and I walked into the room, it fell silent, all gossip stopped, and everyone turned around and looked at us like they where studying us. Then all of a sudden, they suddenly started squealing and laughing, and some stuff that shouldn't be told of...

They where welcoming us, when Electra interrupted. Poo head.

"I know you're all excited, it's been along time since new half bloods arrived, but give them space." she says, then breaks out into a massive grin. "I'm pleased to welcome Jordan and Lucy to Camp Elemental!"

We met a lot of girls, and when I mean a lot, I don't mean ten or fifteen, I mean around forty. All these children, not knowing who there parent is. These element gods could at least claim there children, like really.

The last person to introduce herself was Zoe. She was nice, so we chose a bunk next to her. She explained everything we needed to know, when the queen bee (as Zoe had called her) said it was time to get lunch, nobody listened to her, but eventually we followed her down the stairs to meet with the boys. They where all laughing and talking about God knows what.

We walked towards the cavern that we had walked into while walking through the waterfall, there was now a table along the side wall with plates and food. A smile broke across Jordan's face, she loves food, like a lot.

We walked over and grabbed a plate, I had salad with a burger, yum. We then walked up to the fire, and I stood a bit back and watched everyone place a piece of food in the fire, and then walk off. It was soon my turn, Sapphire was standing next to me and trying to get me to walk over and place the food in, but I couldn't, images of my dead 'Mum' and 'Dad' were clear in my mind. It all stopped when a large hand was placed on my shoulder. I didn't bother looking up, my eyes where glued to the fire.

"Child, you need to make an offering to the gods." the voice was male but it wasn't harsh and commanding, but calm and collected.

"I can't." was my simple answer.

"Why ever not, child?" another voice joined in, it was female and she sounded concerned.

"Because I'm scared of fire... fire ruined my life."