Chapter 7

Juergen is not answering his calls. He has tried numerous times but the man just isn't picking up. He does have a right to his own privacy, but Lukas could really do with talking to him, right now.

She has rejected his offer and insists on full disclosure. That's what her solicitor told him quarter of an hour ago, in no uncertain terms. She, apparently, would go all the way to court. 

Lukas shakes with anger and panic. He'd woken up in a romantic mood following last night. She had been so wonderfully warm and charming; he hadn't wanted to leave her. It had been the right decision though, for not having allowed it to go any further. If it had been up to him, well, he would have probably made a fool out of himself. Secretly he had been surprised she had let him get as close as she did. But he does desire her, though it's probably not a good idea, he tells himself.

Now he needs to talk to someone urgently. He tells himself he doesn't know her enough to confide in her about such personal matters. But then she is a professional. He should trust her, as a councillor as well as a human being. She does have his best interest at heart. She told him so herself.

"Eda."

"Hi."

"Can I speak to you? Something's happened."

"You ok? You sound out of breath."

"I'm panicking." He pants.

"Come over immediately."

She makes him drink a pint of water and gets him to lie down on her couch. He hadn't felt any desire towards her when he entered her house and she had kept her distance, had obviously sensed his unease. 

Now she looks at him intently. "Tell me."

He exhales heftily. "My ex, Liz, she's rejected my buyout."

"Why?"

"I don't know."

"Not enough?"

"You must be joking!" He growls.

"I'm sorry, I didn't..."

Lukas shakes his head. "No, love, I am sorry. You don't know the whole story."

"No, I don't." She smiles. "You mentioned the other day that she wants full disclosure. You sounded like that could be a problem?"

"It is." Lukas hesitates.

"Do you want to tell me why?"

"It's awkward."

"You don't have to, but it might help."

"Hm." 

She waits. "Your energy would flow much easier if you let go of your aloofness. It acts like a barrier to your flow of consciousness." She smiles encouragingly.

He sits up halfway. "Aloof? Me?"

She nods and bites her lip. "Sorry."

"I'm just confused." He stammers. "I don't know where to start. Or rather what to do next."

She puts her hand on his solar plexus. "Shall we start by establishing where you are now?"

Half an hour later he has told her everything. His entire life story. The debacle that was his marriage. Markus's untimely death. His own struggle with love and relationships. He told her about his undiminished desire to fulfil his own potential, to be a better person and a better partner in the future. And about his fear of not being able to deliver, not being able to trust himself and others and not being strong enough to follow through. At this point he had felt a raging desire to pull her close to him and make love to her. She must have sensed his fire as she pulled her hand away slowly.