chapter one - pantene

(shown above: joshua's bed under the bridge)

"i don't not love you."

joshua closed his rose gold macbook air 2018 and tossed it onto his queen sized aesthetic tumblr white bed with the velocity of a butterfly newly spreading its wings. the nerves were wracking through his frail, sick body and causing tremors to run up and down his ear lobes. but it was not just the chronic illness creating these violent, seizure-like shivers, it was his fear of rejection.

joshua had never been brave. he was not like the other boys. unlike your cool "chad" type of fellow, joshua didn't partake in arbitrary activities such as "baseball" or "parties" or "showering." in fact, he doesn't even own a shower. the last thing he used to shower was a mountain dew some christian woman gifted him outside of a 7-eleven.

you see, joshua's mother tragically died in late 2004. a psychedelic mushroom trip caused her to run out into the street with her tits flapping in the wind. her nipples impaired her eyesight and she accidentally ran into the local bottomless trench, never to be seen again. legend has it that on the 21st night of september, you can still hear her pained cries and her whistling nips.

to add onto the trauma, joshua was born with a rare, incurable disease called blackfacitis. the disease was passed down from his disowned great uncle, bill hader. treatment for said disease is incredibly expensive. with little money and no mommy, joshua must make a choice. treatment or a house?

———————————————————————

"first day of high school squirt, how are you feeling?" said the local homeless jesus on the tricycle with a tone of pure joy and a hint of LSD.

this jolted poor joshua awake. he had become accustomed to the sounds of the ears scurrying by his bridge and the bustling city beyond, but the sound of another voice could always wake him from his slumber. the post-wake fatigue wore off once joshua realized how special this day was.

joshua responded with a rushed sense of urgency,  "why reginald, i cant believe you asked. it's just horrible. today i start my first day of public high school. i can only imagine the kind of ruffians and hooligans i may encounter. ghosh reginald, what if they don't even read books? what if i don't see a messy bun? what if they all wear gucci loafers and my repressed trauma is revealed?"

joshua could see the gears in reginald's head turning like a click. for a crackhead, he was the smartest person joshua knew. granted, joshua only knew four people. reginald, his doctor, the local 7-eleven weekend shift cashier, and obama. after anxiously waiting  for reginald's well-constructed response for nearly fifteen whole seconds, he finally answered.

"shakespeare once said 'to thine own self be true.'" reginald's angelic voice sang to naive joshua.

this was the positive affirmation joshua had been waiting for! it didn't matter if he was disabled, or stinky, or poor, or an orphan, or had a horse cock. he'd always be his mommy's little boy on the inside. nothing could rewrite his past but HE could change his fate. determination flowed through his veins like never before, filling his every being with pride and confidence.

yet his overwhelming love for reginald topped everything. to repay him for his wisdom, joshua unbuttoned reginald's pants and got down to business. yes, he braided reginald's leg hair, but that's their little secret.

from above him, reginald sighed into the welcomed touch. "thank you my son."

then, reginald floated away.

joshua walked over to his white caucasian tumblr aesthetic bed and ripped off his night clothes. he replaced the drab fabric with a new look he would only bust out on the most special of occasions. the light-wash denim of his skinny jeans complimented his skinny calves but extra thick thighs. the white button up emulated the stinger a bee when it poked his nipples out. and his personal favorite item, his burgundy cropped sweater from abercrombie and fitch, accentuated his slim waist and birthing hips. looking at himself in the broken pieces of car mirror he taped together, he'd never felt more confident. but something crucial was missing.

joshua put his long brown hair in a messy bun, and voila! the look was compete, and it couldn't be more perfect.

with this; joshua left the secret door under the bridge and walked the unfamiliar route to josef stalin demonstration academy.

————————————————————————

the journey was treacherous, but after 30 solid minutes of walking pat farms of manure, joshua reached the school.

but when joshua put his hand onto the door handle, it touched another. a calloused, pale hand with matte black nail polish and bleeding knuckles.

when he looked up, he was met with a ruggedly handsome, tall baddie. his steely brown orbs pulled him into a trance. the trance could not contain him forever, for the next thing he knew, the towering figure above him pushed him into the mud.

before the mysterious, sexy stranger walked away, he left with one word.

"fag." he said with a smirk.

author's note: thanks to all my wonderful fans for their support, and my butt fucking ugly graphic designer abby.