5

Let's discuss Fine Line ! Favourite songs ?
Mine are: Canyon Moon, She, Falling and Fine Line. I love soft songs.

P.S. Canyon Moon was LOUD. The two week rule is in the spotlight and they're strutting their stuff.

It's the next day. Christmas day. A thick layer of snow covers the city and Louis spends all day redecorating his apartment. This time, tinsel hung on every shelf, green and red table covers on his counter and he even dressed up his pets. Su and Shi were wearing opposite coloured elf costumes, Louis was thankful for them being calm cats since he didn't need bandaids after putting them in their clothes. Wham was dressed as Santa, obviously, but he always shook off the beard so Louis let him be.

His guests arrive in groups and pairs. They hold gifts and food, greeting him with gleeful smiles. Everyone is wearing Christmas sweaters again and Louis loves it.

Harry is back again. This time, he's wearing an oversized red sweater that looks more cozy than ugly. Though, ugly sweaters weren't mandatory today so Louis lets it slide. Harry even has the little Santa clip in his hair that he wore last time.

"Hi, mint."

Louis rolls on the balls of his feet, fluttering his lashes. "Merry Christmas."

The tall man offers Louis a kind smile. "Merry Christmas. Will you spill eggnog on me again?"

"No. I hid it away today. Even though I thoroughly enjoyed seeing you shirtless."

"Did you?" Harry glanced around the room at the live party among yet another Christmas playlist. "Maybe if I get a peek of what's under that horrid sweater of yours," He gestures to the most tragic piece of clothing on Louis' top half. How did he find such an ugly sweater? "I'll show you what's under mine."

"You sound like a hormonal teenager," Louis says but fiddles with the hem of his cotton sweater. "Are you asking for a Christmas hook up?"

Harry chuckles deeply. "I'm asking for whatever you're offering, mint." He pats Louis' head like he does with Wham. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have your kitchen to raid."

Hours later and well into the festive party, Louis had drunk two cups of hot chocolate and ate his weight in dinner combined with the many desserts that littered his coffee table. He didn't mind cleaning up afterward, it was all worth it to spend the day with the people he cared about.

The playlist had slowed into Michael Bublé and Shania Twain singing "White Christmas". It was falling softly from his speakers as everyone gathered into the living room. People squished on the couches and on the floor surrounding the tree as Liam started handing out gifts. Louis received many, like every year. Soon enough, he was piled under bags and wrapping paper. Most of what he got was clothes or new books. His friends knew him as a simple man and wouldn't go too extravagant with his gifts despite it being his birthday present as well.

After hiding away his gifts in his bedroom and helping clean up the mess, the party started up again. People went around to give thanks for their gifts and exchange conversations. It was a comfortable environment, Louis liked his friends who always came to his parties. They've known each other for years and are used to his Christmas antics.

Louis sat on the island counter in his kitchen munching on a caramel apple. His feet dangling and lips sticky from the treat. In the middle of daydreaming, he is handed a box wrapped messily in black paper, quite boring in his opinion but then he sees what is written on it.

'To: Peppermint

Figured you would hate me if I didn't get you anything. — H'

"Oh," Louis blindly hands Harry his half-eaten caramel apple. "I wasn't expecting anything from you."

"Why?"

"Well, you don't seem like the kind of person to give gifts." Louis tries to phrase it without sounding rude. He licks his fingers where caramel had melted. "You don't seem very Christmas-y. Not quite like the Grinch but you could be a distant relative of his."

"Louis," Harry uses his name, it sounds odd. "I bought an ugly sweater so I could see you. I had to skip training today because who the fuck knew wrapping presents was so hard?"

Louis giggles. "You didn't do too bad." He can see the wrinkles in the paper where it was unwrapped and re-wrapped many times.

Louis carefully takes off the paper, keeping the small tag. He gasps, the rest of chatter going muffled as he stares down in the box. It was still ugly and it was neatly folded. The reindeer peering up at him with its crooked eyes and funny grin, the little pompom nose hadn't shrunk, and was fairly disproportioned on the reindeer's face.

When Louis looks up, Harry is already staring at him. His green eyes are intense and his lips in a fine line. He taps his foot. "Do you like it?" His voice was raspy but quiet, Louis could barely hear it over the music.

"I do." Louis brings the sweater to his chest, but two pieces of paper fall from where they were folded into the clothing. He picks them off the ground.

"I have a match tomorrow night. Those are tickets, one for you and one for your friend." Harry points to Liam across the room who was invested in the fruits of the dessert table. "First row. I'd like you to come."

A slow smile crawls onto Louis' lips. He flicks his hair from his eyes and nods. "Thank you, Harry."

The tall man lets out a long breath, his shoulders relax. "I also would like to have dinner tomorrow with you after the match. My treat."

"Are you asking me on a date?"

"No. We're going to hang out and get something to eat. Don't give me that creepy look." Harry says about Louis' tiny smirk and suggestive eyes. "You're so strange, mint."

"I'd love to spend tomorrow night in your company, sir." Louis bows curtly with his eyes closed. "All I would like in return for my delicate presence is a kiss." He opens one eye. "Not under a mistletoe."

Harry cracks a smile, his tongue poking out between his teeth. "I think that could be arranged."

They do kiss for a bit after everyone has left. Louis gives Harry his gift which was a new pair of boxing gloves. They were pale blue. Harry thanks him with even more kisses before returning to his own apartment.

NOTE: im soft. thoughts ?