1 (+ collection & playlist link)

howdy, all ! welcome to my fic for the 1D Christmas Fest on AO3 .

Collection link: https://archiveofourown.org/collections/1dchristmasfest2019

Candy Cane Eyes

It's the Christmas season in New York City. There are far too many mistletoes hanging in Harry's apartment building and there is a pair of mischievous candy cane blue eyes who is responsible.

p.s. I had so much fun writing this story and have always wanted to write a boxer!harry au. I won't say kill bc that's mean but I "took care" of two birds with one soft stone.

Prompt:
Are you the one putting mistletoe absolutely everywhere in this apartment building, or do you just happen to be in the right place at the right time every single time I walk under it au.

December is Louis' favourite month. Christmas is an obvious love of his and it rivals his birthday. He loves receiving double the gifts, call him greedy. He also adores decorating his tree and hanging up lights, burning cinnamon and cherry pie scented candles all hours of the day and most importantly, keeping his Christmas decorations up until it's well into March. Part of him was quite lazy, the other part of him couldn't stray too far from the festivities.

"Not you again."

Louis blinks up at the tall man, a grin plastered on his lips and leans coolly on the wall. "Fancy seeing you here, neighbour."

The man looks unimpressed, his gym bag swung over his shoulder and his lean muscular body clad in loose shorts and a hoodie. Louis takes the opportunity to ogle at his legs. "Stop doing this."

Louis looks up at him, enjoying their height difference. "Doing what?" He asks dumbly.

The man huffs tiredly, running a hand through his hair. He was wearing those same silver rings that he wore every other time Louis saw him. "You're so strange." He had a lovely, deep New Yorker accent.

"I know!" Louis gets loud when he's excited. "Everyone tells me that."

The man squints at him. "Do you do drugs?"

"Nope." Louis rolls on the balls of his feet, this was the longest conversation they've ever had. He brings up both his hands, covered by his sweater paws. "I'm clean." He wiggles his eyebrows.

Surprisingly but also not-so-surprisingly because the man was fairly boring, he doesn't laugh. He just stares at Louis. It's reserved and definitely not the warm adoring glance Louis wanted. "I should get a restraining order against you."

"I lived here first, technically you followed me here. I should get a restraining order against you." Louis pokes his chest.

The man raises his eyebrows, his eyes seem greener today than they were two days ago. Maybe it was contrasting with the pale tone on his face. "I have to go." The man begins walking away but Louis runs in front of him.

"Wait!" He points to the mistletoe above them. "It's a rule."

The man puffs and rolls his eyes, leaning down to plant a chaste kiss on Louis' lips. Louis jumps up and down after they've pulled apart, touching his mouth because his neighbour's lips were so warm and plump.

"Bye, neighbour!"

"You better not be there when I get back."

Louis shrugs. "I might just spend the night out here. I have to make sure you get home safe."

The man ignores him, disappearing into the elevator and Louis squeals loudly. That was the first time he's ever had a real conversation with the man, Louis felt incredibly accomplished and sets an alarm to wait in the lobby in a couple of hours for his next kiss from his neighbour.