part 3

Let us get something out of the way before we go any farther. The biggest thing to keep in mind is that writers are weird. Think about it...guys like Edgar Allen Poe, Stephen King, and Kurt Vonnegut are all people we would label as weird. Writers need their weirdness cause they look at the world is such a different way. It is the thing that fuels our writing, but when it comes to interpersonal relationships it is often a severe handicap. As a rule a lot of writer are introverts, or are at least have many introverted tendencies. 

This is a lot harder than I though it was going to be. I get accused of lot of not shinning my introspective microscope, which is my writing, on myself. That is why I started writing these pieces to go along with my Rules for Dating Fangirls series of posts. I wanted to shine a light on my own weirdness and how that strangeness messes up my dating situations. However a writer’s personal weirdness extends out from those close to him to how he lives in the day to day and it can really affect everything. 

Writers are just weird. One has to be a little bit odd to write for a living whether they are writing King kind of weirdness or just writing about sports...writers are weird because they look at things differently than everyone else. On top of all that they are mulling things over in their brains nearly all of the time. A lot of that comes from the fact that most writers start off life as very active readers. 

So when someone starts dating a writer they need to keep all of these things in mind. ON a real personal level I do not know how my writer weirdness is gonna play out everyday...It sort of just happens, and it causes problems sometimes with those that are close to me. That is unfortunate...but sometimes I can't really help it...because I am a writer...I'm just weird.