5.

><>2nd person POV<><
::: Previously: You found a town after a long time heading eastward on your black stallion with white speckles on it's snout. When you arrived at the small town, which was kept away from you by a draw-bridge, a cluster of well trained monsters attacked. When you finally made it across the bridge, you had been knocked out by an arrow hitting your shoulder-blade. :::

     "...And then there was a HUGE explosion! I was barely lucky enough to get awa-" You wake up slowly, listening to a story someone is telling. They stop once you groan, signaling that you are awake. "H- he's awake! Guys! Come here!!" The girl talking before yelled. Wait, had she been talking to nobody before?" You keep your eyes closed as you slowly sit up, only able to use your right arm since your left is basically tied to your chest with a ton of bandages. Several pairs of feet run in and surround your bed. You hear the mumbling voices of men and women ranging from probably your age to sixty.

     "Young man." The oldest addresses you. You face his voice and squint your eyes open. The room around you is surprisingly modern, not much in it but a few lamps and- wait lamps?! How do those exist?! And how do you know about them? There must be some new crafting recipes or something you don't know of. "Do you mind telling us what you were doing so far away from any town just before nightfall?" You don't even need a moment to come up with something, you already have several listed in your brain.

     "Pretty simple actually." You scoot back against the headboard of the bed, grunting a little in pain. "I have been living alone for a while and wanted to visit the nearest town. I am not even sure what year it is anymore since I lost track living in the forest for so long." You explain. You itch your shoulder only to find there are only bandages covering your skin. Your face suddenly heats up, feeling awkward for several related reasons.

     "Oh, wow, it is the year 2019. What town did you originally live in?" The oldest man answers and asks. You think in your head, that means it has been three years since you died as Anna.

     "Thanks.. um.." You ponder what you should answer for as your hometown. "...Bricksburg." You answer, unsure how everyone would react. You just chose the town you remember living in the longest.

     "Bricksburg?! You mean the town that was destroyed two years back?!" One of the older women standing around asked with shock. Your eyes widen a smidg, trying to hide the surprise that your favorite town had been destroyed.

     "..Yeeeeeeasss.." You stretch the word hesitantly, not sure if this was a trick yet.

     "Oh, dear! That must be why he left for the forest! I am so sorry your home and family possibly were destroyed.. Maybe, you can help us know who or what destroyed it. There were no survivors, sadly.." The same older woman said. You just internally scream, pretending you had known all this the whole time. You sigh and fake cry to cover up your red hot face, several of those tears being real however. You may not have had a family, but You did have some good friends that lived there, most of those friends having families of their own. Everyone shows faces of sympathy and try to comfort you. One hands you a glass of water, but you aren't very thirsty. One by one, people leave you to your quiet self. You had stopped fake crying almost right away since that was out of character, but you keep up the depressed look and occasional sniffles. Eventually it was just you and that girl from earlier. From the looks of it, she might be a couple years younger than you, blond hair, brown eyes, slim short figure, wearing jean and pink.

     "I can finish my story if you want!" She pipes up suddenly. You look her way confused. Had she been talking to YOU earlier, while you were ASLEEP?!

     "Um, what story?" You ask.

     "You mean to tell me you weren't listening?!" She scoffs, suddenly offended. You just shrug.