Chapter 1

I looked down at my phone. I still had 10 minutes left to get ready. I already washed my face, brushed my teeth, put on a little of eyeliner on and did my hair. Although I'm not too big on dealing with my hair it just is how it is, and I just let it settle it isn't that bad looking anyways.

I looked in the mirror trying to tame my brown hair. And noticed my eyeliner smudged. "What the actual fuck?" I complained to myself.

Once I looked at my phone I notice it took me five minutes to fix my eyeliner. I swore under my breathe and sighed.

I guess you could say I like to be little control freak and keep my mind set on a goal. I've always wanted to be an actor ever since I was little. I took some classes and to this day I still am and I guess I can say I'm pretty good at it.

Of course there always someone in your life putting challenges in your way and to me that's Alex. Telling me since I was little that I'm not good enough for acting. Of course him telling me that made me upset. So I started to hate him because he would always be so mean. But then a few years later, he joined my acting class and I teased him until we hated each other. And it wasn't just acting that was the problem if was other things too. We would always seem plotting revenge on one another and got in fights.

When we did, I usually won because Alex's mom absolutely forbids him from hitting girls, but that didn't stop him from playing pranks on me.

Eventually I managed to ignore him for these past 8 years.

I was startled from my thoughts as I heard the doorbell ring. I looked at my phone and realized I've been daydreaming for seven minutes.

I smoothed out my hair and grabbed my bookbag and headed downstairs. My sister Ariana was already at school, middle school. I could always hear her in the morning babbling to my mom about how irritating and how there's so much more drama at middle school than in elementary. Which really annoys me because at middle school there's nothing but twelve year olds trying to be like high schoolers and making the stupidest drama ever. I mean sure there's still those people at highschool but still.

My mom drops Ariana off at school on her way to work. If my dad still lived with us I'm sure he would probably take her but things happen.

I was yet again interrupted from my thoughts as I heard the doorbell ring repeatingly fast.

I brought my mind back into reality and speed walked to the door and opened it. And of course it was Valerie.

"Finally." she said.

"Sorry I was still getting ready." I said as I let her inside and she made her way to go sit on the couch, taking out her phone. "Did you wake up late?" she asked.

"Eh sort of."

"Shocker." she said with a sarcastic voice.

"Oh like you don't wake up late."

"Shush."

"Mhmm." I said taking out my phone and playing piano tiles, still trying to beat my high score 589. We usually stay in my house for about seven minutes before walking out to the bus stop, because it really just is two houses away from my house.

"So anything new." Valerie said flatly, still on her phone and me still on mine.

"Nah, what about you?" I said

"Well." removing her artificial colored red dark hair out of her face and looking up. "my dog pooped in my room when I woke up and I of course had the pleasure of cleaning it up."

"Hahh." I chuckled looking up from my phone.

"I swear he always poops in my room and of course I have to clean it, it's in my room and I can't just leave it there."

"Oh give Marcus a break if I was a dog I would poop in your room to piss you off too." I smiled.

"Haha, your so funny." she replied with a sarcastic smiled mixed with a real one.

I laughed.

"We should go. The bus is gonna come any minute now." she said as she was checking her phone.

"Alright." I replied I gathered my things and got a granola bar.

"You want one?" I offered

"Sure." she said

We ate while we walked slowly to the bus stop.

When we arrived, the bus was just arriving too. So we got on and we went to our seats.

"Oh I forgot to tell you my mom said that she'll let me have my car back in two days." Valerie said in an exciting voice.

I let out a relief sigh. "Finally we won't have to go on the bus no more."

"I know right" she said with a smile.

"I still need to pass my drivers test, I'm trying again."

Valerie let out a whistle. "Watch out world Malerie might pass the test and actually go out in the road."

"Oh please I'm not that bad of a driver."

"Says the person whose failed the test for 9 times already."

"Shut up, I'm a fantastic driver and if I do pass the test tomorrow, that means It will mean that I'm capable enough to be driving around safely."

"Mhmmm whatever you say."

I rolled my eyes.

"So how's it going with Alex." Valerie asked after about two minutes

I scoffed. he's the last thing I want think about. That would be thinking about him two times this morning and that's no good for my brain.

"Nothing. Nothings going on." I said flatly.

"Oh come on there must of been some sort of confrontation already, it's been two weeks since schools started." She said.

"No, I'm being serious nothing has happened."

"Well that's surprising." then she pondered for a minute. "How is it possible you two have been in the same class room but haven't fought."

"I don't know." I actually wondered myself. "Well I guess it's because all the teacher has been doing is teaching and making us write notes. And it's also because I sit front of the class and he sits way in the back." I said.

She thought for a moment. "Really? not even eye contact."

I was getting irritated. "Valerie can you just drop it."

"But-"

"Shh"

"but-"

"Noope"

"Bu-"

"I can't hear you"

"Maler-"

"Still can't hear you"

"B-"

"What?"

"Ughhh fine." she quit.

"Thank you" I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
****************************************
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
***************************************
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AUTHORS NOTE:
Yayyy that was my first chapter and I hope you like it. and please excuse me if I used wrong grammar errors but this is my first story so yeah I apologize. And if your reading this thank you it means a lot.

Anyways incase you were bored with this first chapter, trust me it gets better after a few chapters.

Oh and this story is indeed PG-13. It also is entitled to copyright which means, no copying.

I do not own the story cover photo. I just edited it and put some title letters on.