Chapter Three

Recap:

"Hey Liz, I'm really glad you could make it! Caroline and Bonnie are running late, I guess Caroline is running late at the mall and Bonnie had to help her Grams." Elena explained.

"Oh I don't mind, I've always loved playing pool" I replied.

"Well let's get a game going then! Elena and I can be a team, Liz you can be partners with my br-" Stephen was saying, until he got interrupted.

"Damon. Stephen's brother Damon, your teammate tonight for a lovely game of pool," said a extremely attractive black hair leather jacket wearing guy. He had a smirk on his face, and bright blue eyes and I got lost in. He was a good head taller than me, making me feel small and unimportant. I felt as if my legs were jello, and I was so lost in his alluring blue eyes I couldn't focus on anything else.

"Game on."

Chapter Three

 As Elena and Stefan acted like two lovebirds, it left me and Damon in a pool of awkwardness. Him being attractive for the main reason. I felt nervous, and there was a pit in my stomach that made me unable to act normal and socially comfortable. But in another way, I felt attracted to Damon. He pulled off the bad boy look without even trying, which I wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing, but I wanted it. 

All I know is it intrigued me and I think I admired his persona.

About halfway through the game of pool, Elena and Stephen excused themselves to get drinks at the bar, leaving me and Damon alone.

"So Liz, you just moved here from Florida?" Damon asked, sitting against the pool table.

"Yeah, I drove up here, Its been a pretty smooth move so far." I replied, trying to seem calm and collected.

"Well welcome to Mystic Falls. A lovely place. What part of town are you living at?" Damon said with a smirk. I noticed a slight sarcastic tone in every word he spoke. 

"I'm right over that wicker bridge, in the green and stone house with the long driveway. Its a cute house, it has a really nice library, " I said. I don't know why I told him how I have a library considering he seems like the type to be impressed with a stocked alcohol cabniet at a house and not piles of books.

"Well hello neighbor. I'm currently staying at the boarding house next door, with Stephen. With a nice library and garden too." 

"Sorry Damon but I gotta steal Liz away from you, Caroline and Bonnie are here and it's a girls day." Elena said, ending my conversation with Damon. I was kind of disappointed, I enjoyed Damon's attitude and wittiness. But then I remembered I came here to spend time with Elena, Bonnie and Caroline, not to get feelings for some 21 year old who is super attractive and wears a leather jacket.

Damon stared at Elena and finished his bourbon, then glared at me. I could feel my cheeks get a pink, causing me to look down at my feet and slightly smile. I've known this man for about an hour and he was already having an effect on me. 

What girl wouldn't be effected by this man, I thought.

I began to follow Elena to a dinner table to meet Bonnie and Caroline. 

"Liz." Damon said just loud enough for me to hear. I spun around, staring at him with big eyes.

"See you later." Damon said looking into my eyes, then bringing my hand up to his lips and lightly kissing it. His hand was oddly cold, but I tossed that thought away and focused on the fact that during my first day here, a man named Damon Salvatore just kissed my hand.