07 | Caught up in a fight

• Dedicated to Maryam

- Chapter 07 -

Caught up in a fight

The darkness began surrounding the quiet city of Konoha. Not a single sound could be heard from the glamorous neighborhoods, only the echo of the music which was emitting from the night clubs. The heroine was walking down the street with destination her house while she was completely lost in her thoughts. Akira had talked with Kasumi until late in the afternoon and then realized that she had to head back to her house before her father or Orochimaru would find out about her absence.

"Hmpf. . . Like hell I care. . ." But she did care because Gaara was in great danger and only she could help him. Akira and Kasumi had a long conversation about the crucial situation she was in and her genius friend had warned her: Akira could not jeopardize anything. Kasumi had examined again and again all the information provided but had no clue about her friend's future actions. The brunette just advised her to steer clear of trouble and try to obey to her father's orders. Easy to say, hard to do. Currently, the ginger was preparing some excuses in case she would be questioned by her father.

Reaching the front of her house, Akira took a swallowed breath and turned the door handle. As predicted, it made no sound, yet she held her breath and tip-toed inside. The door was closed equally behind her and she released her breath the moment she realized that she wasn't going to get caught.

"Where have you been?"

Akira gasped loudly and clutched the place her heart was placed, worried eyes flicking around the living room. The lights turned on and her gaze caught her father standing besides the wall on her left, his fingers still on the switch.

The shortie immediately regained her composure and face him with a calm expression on her face, "Hey, dad"

"Answer my question" he strictly stated without fidgeting or moving an inch.

"Not your bussiness. Goodnight"

Akira went to climb up the stairs but was stopped by Orochimaru who happened to be walking downstairs. When she saw that he wasn't budging from his position, the girl span around to face her father again. His cold expression on his deformed face was showing her that she had to either tell him about her small escape or to provide him with the newest information about the Akatsuki. Remembering the advice given by Kasumi earlier, Akira found herself walking in the living room with the two policemen following.

When they settled down, the girl's features turned into a deep scowl, "Weren't you supposed to be in the police department at that time of the day? Don't you have to do something better with your lives?"

"Arresting the Akatsuki and finding who their leader is- that's my life now. My goal, my ambition" Sato replied and took out his notepad filled with notes. Orochimaru just shrugged and lied back on the couch.

Akira sighed and took out from her knife pouch a small note which was scrunched up and a part of it was stained with coffee. Grimacing, she unfolded it and checked that all of the hints were written, then started talking, "I have met four out of eleven members, plus I think I have seen another one. The first one I met was Hidan, no surname provided yet. Around 1.80 meters, well-built, grey hair pulled back, light brown eyes and a weird religious necklace hanging from his neck. Hidan is aggressive, rude and carries small yet sharp knives with him. Eeh. . . I will skip the rude comment I have made-"

"Everything must be said" her father stated as he noted down some coded words.

The ginger almost face palmed and read the comment she had made for him, proceeding later with the introductions, "Side note: Remind me to murder that asshole afterwards. The second one is Deidara Iwa. Blonde waist-length hair, blue bright eyes, slightly taller than me and probably light, concerning his weight, Isn't marked as too dangerous but carries bombs with him. The bombs are made with clay and inflammable material in it. They seem to be activated while being on air with a loud noise". Akira suddenly felt a pang of guilt in her heart when she revealed everything about Deidara because they were some kind of. . . friends?